[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Adding trailer lights / harness
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Adding trailer lights / harness

Adding trailer lights / harness

Postby skylimit » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:54 am

Great website! I've searched and searched without luck. Hoping this thread will help others and we might find a better wiring harness.

Word of warning to others; the solara was NOT designed to tow your boat! With that said there are many advantages to having a hitch; car racks, cargo racks, and yes... small lightweight trailers with combined weight of 1500lbs max! I'll be doing road trips with my Goldwing in tow (spouse is not hard core rider, and even the Wing will require gentlegentlegentle road driving).

Adding a trailer hitch, currently focusing on
- http://www.amazon.com/Curt-Manufacturin ... &carId=001

Adding a 1 1/4 to 2" adapter so all my existing hitch toys fit.
- http://www.amazon.com/Curt-Manufacturin ... 257&sr=1-1

Harnesses are harder to come buy. I'm looking for a T-connector type (just snap it in); or... will build one but need the connectors and wiring diagram.

This one is more expensive and still requires you to use those horrid Scotch Locks (I'm a marine mechanic and those things guarantee circuit failure).
- http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehi ... d=20076906
This on is more reasonably priced; but also requires cutting into the existing harness
- http://www.hitchsource.com/t-connector- ... 29519.html
skylimit
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Adding trailer lights / harness

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 am

the seadoo speedster 150 weighs 1,454 pounds, now I just need to find a 46 pound trailer! lol... but im sure if i put a airbag system into my shocks ill be fine. My dad used to tow a much heavier 16 foot boat with his old Lexus sedan and the only issue he had was with the suspension... which the dealer replaced twice before my dad gave up using the Lexus to tow the boat.

by the way, no need to make a whole new topic everytime you post, you could have posted all that in your last topic.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I think the owners manual says that the towing capacity of the Toyota Solara Gen II is 1,500lbs. Towing something around that weight will be hard on the Solara's transmission, especially if you have to go really uphill and you would have to floor it.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:03 pm

DriDed wrote:I think the owners manual says that the towing capacity of the Toyota Solara Gen II is 1,500lbs. Towing something around that weight will be hard on the Solara's transmission, especially if you have to go really uphill and you would have to floor it.

Which means you can tow 2500 as long as theres no hills (like FL) and your not driving too long or too fast. I can tow a boat no problem :) Typically the reason towing is so low is purely due to the weight of the car, its hard to stop something that weighs as much or more than the car pulling it. lack of power is almost never the problem.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5