[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Battle of the Dash kits with photos
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Battle of the Dash kits with photos

Re: Battle of the Dash kits with photos

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Not enough options for me. I'm a tinkerer. I wanna adjust my sound, navigate, play movies on trips, etc.

Stock = NO LOVE. haha
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraSport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

SoSleek wrote:Did you have the JBL system? Are your stock speakers still being used?

I am still using my stock speakers.
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 am

619MOBERG wrote:I have the SWI-JACK and trying to install. My problem is that the radio plug from the (04 Solara w/ jbl) that hooks to the jack is not connected. What I mean is that the wires are no longer in the plug. I do not know what pin the wires are. Reminder: this is not the main power plug but the plug dealing whit the steering wheel controls.

Moberg, so you are saying that on the 04 JBL head unit where there is typically a plug that would plug into the SWI-JACK, yours does not have the plastic plug piece, but rather it just has bare wires coming out with the pins on the end? So they are loose wires and you do not know how to plug this into the SWI-JACK because you do not know the pattern that the wires were originally in the plastic plug, and you do not have this plastic plug piece? Is that right?
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

SolaraSport wrote:
SoSleek wrote:Did you have the JBL system? Are your stock speakers still being used?

I am still using my stock speakers.

Chances are they used the PAC-TATO. Is there a chance you could call the installer to see what device they used to connect to your stock amp? That would be very helpful for me. BTW, how does the new head unit sound compared to the stock one with the stock speakers?
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraSport » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 pm

The sound is definitely better with a aftermarket head unit, but the only thing is that I think the stock speakers can't take too much power so I am a little on the wall of pushing them to the limit. I've also been thinking of switching them all out for a better OVERALL sound.

The shop changed names so I will see if the original management is there.
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby aznkorboi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:20 pm

SUp bro. I have that dash kit! I got mine from crutchfield and it's been a year and there's no problem. It's still silver and looks great.

As far as my stereo system- I just wanted to say I love clarity, and bass, and listen to all kinds of music.

I found the best speakers with the best sound and clarity

Polk Audio - MM6501

Those are in my fronts and my tweeters.

For the rear, I just have those infiniti kappas. I rarely use the rears because I heard that you really only need the front 2 speakers to give the sound that it's coming like a concert.

And my JL sub and kenwood amp!
aznkorboi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5