[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - solara headlights
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

solara headlights

solara headlights

Postby folch52 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey everybody

I need your help once again. Is there any instruction on how to replace the headlights. I am going to buy the Aftermarket since they are cheaper. Can anybody please give me some advice on what to do. The ones I have are getting way too yellow and have no repair really I have tried everything to get them clear. Thanks
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: solara headlights

Postby jjmsail1243 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:08 am

Its simple. do you want high of low beam changed. and then all you have to to is pop the hood up and turn the housing with the light counterclockwise and it comes right out. its really simple. its also in the driver manuel
jjmsail1243
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 am

He means the whole assembly, not the bulb.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 am

As far as advice: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17221&hilit=headlight+removal

The link that's in the post is dead, though, but it should give you an idea what you have to do.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jjmsail1243 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Right ^ the bulb housing, which contains the bulb. if you are planning on going HID though you will need to find a spot to place the ballast. heres a link on how to do just that. i have mine mounted in the same spot.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19753&start=0

enjoy
John
jjmsail1243
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5