[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Class 2 Trailer Hitch on Gen 2 Solara SE Sport? NEW BOAT!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Class 2 Trailer Hitch on Gen 2 Solara SE Sport? NEW BOAT!

Class 2 Trailer Hitch on Gen 2 Solara SE Sport? NEW BOAT!

Postby SoSleek » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:22 am

Anyone installed a Class 2 hitch on a 2004+ Solara SE Sport? I am wondering if the Hitch will clear the SE Sport lip kit. I just bought a 12' boat I will be towing. Trailer + Boat = about 1100 lbs.

I guess I better show the boat too. It's a 1988 Addictor Bambino 333. I don't know if anyone watches the show "Auction Hunters". That is where I first learned of these mini boats. They were made from the mid 80's to mid 90's. This is rarest model of all the Addictor's. Usually a model like mine sells for $3500-$5000 depending on condition. I was extremely shocked to find mine listed for $1750 on Craiglist. First of all, hardly any of these ever made their way to the Midwest. Secondly, the price...$1750 is WAYYYYY under what this boat should be selling for. I figured there was something wrong with it. So I had to make a visit. After arriving to the sellers house I found a great condition Bambino 333 w/ trailer and motor. Only thing that showed any sign of wear was the condition of the paint (which was expected) and the relay unit that powers the actuator for the tilt/trim option that was added to this boat (a $1200 upgrade). After helping the guy diagnose the problem for 2 hours, we found figured out the actuator was fine, but it was an electrical problem. Over the years moisture had gotten into the relay and it had corroded the contacts. He was very appreciative of my help, and being an older gentleman he was just looking to get rid of his boat that he never used anymore. He loved the fact that I had plans to recondition the boat, and even more than I would be bringing the boat back to the lake he lived on to drive it. He was really excited to sell it to me. I offered $1100 and he gladly accepted! What an insane deal!

Here she is now.

And this is a photoshop rendering of the plans I have for it. Should be complete by next summer...hopefully!

2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Class 2 Trailer Hitch on Gen 2 Solara SE Sport? NEW BOAT

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Nothin guys? Cmon. There has to be someone with a Gen 2 SE Sport or even gen 2.5 that can let me know if they have a hitch that clears the rear skirt.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:49 pm

i thought i had commented on this thread already but nice boat! looks like a fun little ride and it also looks like you have some nice plans for it. sorry can't help you with your question though. free bump
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:i thought i had commented on this thread already but nice boat! looks like a fun little ride and it also looks like you have some nice plans for it. sorry can't help you with your question though. free bump

Yadda- Thanks man!!

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks!
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:54 am

I'm a gen 1, and looking for class 1 or class 2 to tow a popup camper. If you'd like to discuss, lemme know. Otherwise, I'll stay on topic RE:Gen2 Class 2.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:39 pm

ThurzNite wrote:I'm a gen 1, and looking for class 1 or class 2 to tow a popup camper. If you'd like to discuss, lemme know. Otherwise, I'll stay on topic RE:Gen2 Class 2.

Dr J

...?
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

no idea about the hitch man, but the boat looks like its gonna be killer awesome!!

free bumb!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:05 pm

stringbean wrote:no idea about the hitch man, but the boat looks like its gonna be killer awesome!!

free bumb!

I took the boat out this weekend on Friday Night and all day Sat. I caught some HUUUUUGE air in it. Probably about 2.5ft to 3ft in the air of the wake of the larger boats on the lake. This is EASILY the best $1100 I have ever spent in my life!
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jjmsail1243 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 am

The hitch should clear, also i dont know about a wakeboard tower on that little thing. will it even have enough torque to pull a rider? still a fun looking boat though
jjmsail1243
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:52 am

jjmsail1243 wrote:The hitch should clear, also i dont know about a wakeboard tower on that little thing. will it even have enough torque to pull a rider? still a fun looking boat though

I am hoping when I go from a 11 pitch to 9 pitch prop I will get enough hole shot to pull a rider out of the water. I also don't think the motor is running to it's full potential,though I have done spark test and compression test, everything about the motor seems strong. I think I will pull the carb and soak it, and take it to a pro to tune it up so shes running tip top. For the most part though, the tower will just be for looks, and to mount the bimini top and tower speakers.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:12 pm

I wanted to update this thread for future reference. I purchased a hitch locally from UHAUL. I'm not sure the if it is another manufacturers hitch that UHAUL relabels or if UHAUL manufactures it.

I wanted to let everyone know that it fits well, and just barely clears the SE Sport kit. The receiver is inset a bit also, which makes it hide better when the trailer ball/ball mount is not installed. I hate how hitches look, but this one hardly bothers me, and gets the job done well. The only thing I would change is that the U-shaped bar that spans the muffler area hangs a little lower than it actually needs to. It would be nice if it was tucked up a bit more...but that's just me being picky.

Here are 2 cell phone pics.

And here is one of my girl and I on my boat, docked up at Lord Fletchers bar and restaurant on Lake Minnetonka on 4th of July. Had amazing weather all weekend!

and one showing how small my boat is compared to the dock. haha.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Here are my toys at the boat launch! :) Also shows the size comparison!

SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 pm

I know our lara's are big, but damn thats a tiny boat.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

GzNutz wrote:I know our lara's are big, but damn thats a tiny boat.

lmao, exactly. It's fun as HELL! I regularly jump this thing 2-3 feet out of the water off the wake of the huge boats/yachts in Lake Minnetonka, here in MN.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm

SoSleek wrote:
GzNutz wrote:I know our lara's are big, but damn thats a tiny boat.

lmao, exactly. It's fun as HELL! I regularly jump this thing 2-3 feet out of the water off the wake of the huge boats/yachts in Lake Minnetonka, here in MN.

i was at my friends cabin on eagle lake by alexandria and they have this super nice sea-doo jetski, we hit the wake of a yacht and didnt land for a good 1 to 2 seconds lol

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5