[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HID Lights Illegal in Louisiana
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

HID Lights Illegal in Louisiana

HID Lights Illegal in Louisiana

Postby alky181 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 pm

On June 29th, 2011, Louisiana passed a law to ban HID lights on cars that did not come factory installed. If you are passing thru down here, watch yourself if you have HID lights.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: HID Lights Illegal in Louisiana

Postby Budd81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Where did you hear this? I live in Shreveport, La & have HID's
I have not heard anything about this
99 Camry V6 5-speed S/C'd
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alky181 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:27 pm

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35139
That's the link where I heard about it.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:17 am

this should have gone in General. HIDs are illegal in housings not specifically designed for them..like all of us gen 1s with hid's that done have a projector retrofit
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 am

1gSE wrote:this should have gone in General. HIDs are illegal in housings not specifically designed for them..like all of us gen 1s with hid's that done have a projector retrofit

It's been illegal here in California for the longest time, I just wish cops would do something about it, instead of bundling and profiling for some other offense. Yesterday I got blinded by a 1990s ford bronco with HID headlights and foglights. I also don't get why people put HIDs in their fogs. Fogs are low, near, and wide, no point in having them super bright and then spraying light everywhere blinding oncoming cars.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am

Well I'm one of those people with hid's in both (if you saw how badly the roads are lit here...and not lit at all on my drive to work, you'd understand) but I did take the time to adjust the lights so I wouldn't blind people as much. The fact that I get blinded by people who refuse to turn their high beams off, or the ones that just have them improperly aimed makes me not feel so bad
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:25 am

1gSE wrote:Well I'm one of those people with hid's in both (if you saw how badly the roads are lit here...and not lit at all on my drive to work, you'd understand) but I did take the time to adjust the lights so I wouldn't blind people as much. The fact that I get blinded by people who refuse to turn their high beams off, or the ones that just have them improperly aimed makes me not feel so bad

Or the people who decide to turn on their high beams at the last second to have you "turn yours off" (when theyre not on), and you have literally half a second to flash yours but you never do it in time and end up blinding the guy behind him. Nothing pisses me off more than people that do that.

There's also the people that are in front of you who get mad (thinking you have your highs on) that when you pass them, they get behind you and turn their high beams on and just follow you. That's when I take action, hit my brakes, jump behind them, follow them for about 10 seconds with low beams on, then I click on the highs and follow them like that till we part our ways or I think they've had enough. I have never once wrongly flashed my brights at someone (especially with HID's), so it kinda ticks me off when people do it to everyone they see with bright low headlights.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 am

Old rule of thumb: if you have one person flashing you about your low-beams being too bright once a month or less then you're probably dealing with that rare "sensitive" driver but if you have multiple cars flashing you within one week or more about your low-beams being too bright then just adjust the darn things.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:46 am

ThurzNite wrote:
1gSE wrote:this should have gone in General. HIDs are illegal in housings not specifically designed for them..like all of us gen 1s with hid's that done have a projector retrofit

It's been illegal here in California for the longest time, I just wish cops would do something about it, instead of bundling and profiling for some other offense. Yesterday I got blinded by a 1990s ford bronco with HID headlights and foglights. I also don't get why people put HIDs in their fogs. Fogs are low, near, and wide, no point in having them super bright and then spraying light everywhere blinding oncoming cars.
Dr J

trucks and suvs with hids are the worst. that's right up on your face and i can't see nothin ahead of me then.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Black Bob wrote:Old rule of thumb: if you have one person flashing you about your low-beams being too bright once a month or less then you're probably dealing with that rare "sensitive" driver but if you have multiple cars flashing you within one week or more about your low-beams being too bright then just adjust the darn things.

I only get flashed at in really dark areas. Im living in Wisconsin for the summer and here theres no streetlights and no lights like orlando to light up the night, so people assume my brights are on. Its the foglights that bother people I THINK. But the height is already adjusted to the proper level. Cops here are VERY strict this summer, and I have passed them many times in the dark areas people flash at me most with no response from the cops.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Budd81 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 pm

alky181 wrote:http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35139
That's the link where I heard about it.

Thanks. . The other night I had took my boy to go see Transformers 3 & at the 4-way right b4 my road I had a State Trooper pass me & he hit a U-turn. I was like why the f@#k did he just do that??? I dimmed my lights & was very carefull not to hit the gas where he would hear me. So I got on it a lil & got to my street, then as I was pulling in my drive I saw him turn on my road & came haulin ass down the road. I just pulled under the carport when he came flyin by & he just kept goin. I couldnt figure out for the life of me why he came after me like that but I know I didnt feel like answering any stupid questions either. Once I saw this post I figured that had to be the reason he came after me. Even though I have the 00-01 headlight set-up in mine which has the deflector for the bulbs.
O well just another way for those sorry asses to squeeze a dime out of the hard workin public instead of goin after the real criminals where they know they will not get any money. . .
99 Camry V6 5-speed S/C'd
Budd81
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Xtrios » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:21 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:That's when I take action, hit my brakes, jump behind them, follow them for about 10 seconds with low beams on, then I click on the highs and follow them like that till we part our ways or I think they've had enough.

LOL, damn, remind me to never flash someone!
Last edited by Xtrios on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xtrios
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 pm

I didn't type that....
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Budd81 wrote: has the deflector for the bulbs.
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 am

i never got flashed for my HIDs. i think its kuz my HIDs suck ass
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts