[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing TRD exhaust (rust / exhaust leak question)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Installing TRD exhaust (rust / exhaust leak question)

Installing TRD exhaust (rust / exhaust leak question)

Postby radi4fun » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi guys, i'll be finally getting a used TRD Exhaust for my 04 4-cyl Solara. Its a used exhaust and has rust on the end of the exhaust ( see pic). Is there any thing i can do to clean up the rust? is it safe to scrape it all out and maybe sand it down, or use some kind of rust remover, or rust converter/hardener so it won't flake off and enter into the exhaust? or should i not be worrying about it at all?

also since i won't be getting any instruction manuals, i've been reading and it is a very easy job to do. 30 minutes of work and i should be done. my other question was, do i need any bolts for this? or i can just reuse the stock ones? ( this probably won't have no other accessories with it).

Also anyone know what the part# for the OEM Gasket is? i could not find anything on the TRD website for the parts/ installation instructions. all i could find was it "Uses OEM connector flanges and gaskets" nothing more.

also since it is used, how do you check for exhaust leaks? is there any specific signs/ smell to look for after the installation to make sure it is not leaking or anything? don't want to go down the road flooring it, hearing the awesome sound and noticing smoke in my rear view mirror lol...

I'll be taking some before/ after videos of this :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
radi4fun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Installing TRD exhaust (rust / exhaust leak question)

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 am

If you're into attention to detail, yeah, u could sand all that off, and paint it.

Or, you can get gasket sealer in a toothpaste tube, plus metal gasket from dealer.
http://www.permatex.com/products/Automo ... keting.htm
As for part number, the dealer parts dept person will look it up for u, no worries.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5