[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - what do you guys think about this product?....
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

what do you guys think about this product?....

what do you guys think about this product?....

Postby leslie_eilsel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 pm

leslie_eilsel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: what do you guys think about this product?....

Postby Black Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:11 am

I looked at the reviews and specs and concluded it's a like an in-dash iPhone, HOWEVER you need to have your iPhone 4 constantly hooked up to use certain apps correctly so it's not 100% standalone. Also, you have to ask yourself, if you find yourself using none of the app features down the road when the novelty wears off and using it mainly as a stereo, could you live with yourself for spending $400 for something with more features for an iPhone than a stereo? When I shop Crutchfield I know I have to ask myself that question because if I don't then the glossy, hi-color photos just pull me in like an ex-alcoholic mistakenly arriving in Germany around October.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

I was thinking build a Car-Puter out of an iPad or iTouch. You'll have the real functionality of iOS. From the description, it seems that not every app will work on it.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:58 am

What if sometime in the future, the iPhone is designed completely differently and is no longer compatible with this in-dash? You upgrade to the newer model, but you're still left with a very expensive in-dash that doesn't work with the latest model phone and you can't play cd's either with it. If someone really wants it, then I'm not stopping them but I would not purchase it. We have to think about how the products will fare in the long run.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby leslie_eilsel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

thx for the input, i guess its just a nice idea...but not very logical
leslie_eilsel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5