[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rough idle then stall...please help
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Rough idle then stall...please help

Re: Rough idle then stall...please help

Postby GzNutz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 pm

After quite some time of just living with the idle dropping off on deceleration, emissions testing came due. I tried multiple ailments with no cure so I came back to this thread.

Gregtrd wrote:Here's you answer remove the cpe piggy back and install stock intake box, I'm pretty sure that'll fix your problem, thank me later:) those cpe piggy back sometimes go bad, you might have to sent to cpe to get repaired. Was the cpe solder or did you use crimped connectors? I've worked on a sg members camry having issues with the cpe piggy back.

I heeded the highlighted advice above and changed the URD MAF-SC adjustments back to 10 (no signal modification) and re-flashed the ecu. Low and behold the funky idle is gone and no more CELs!!! Thank you for the suggestion. I wish I had done this over a year ago.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 pm

The problem with your car is that its running leaner then a mother f*cker at idle. when you look at your fuel trims
You should be seeing +/-5 on your st/Lt trims both banks at idle. Once you see either above 20-/+ you'll get a
CEL. Positive numbes are lean and negative numbers are rich. Sounds like your cpe tune is off or needs repair. Or you
Somehow fixed a vacuum leak. Solara's are notorious for bad brake booster vacuum leaks. Either way
Youre welcome. Can you take another picture of your fuel trims just see where your at.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

i been feeling like my car has been running really lean too. my cp-e ss box is soldered on and i'm too lazy to fix/remove it #firstworldproblems
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Look at your fuel trims at idle and make sure youre in close loop.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5