[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Coilover options for Gen 2?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Coilover options for Gen 2?

Coilover options for Gen 2?

Postby spikeyjad » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 pm

I dont usually post threads, or at all. Im trying to find more options for this car if i can.
right now im looking for coilovers. I dont see much available other than the Tein setup, and i dont really want to throw down that much right now on this setup.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone on here knows if maybe a gen 1 has enough of a similar setup to try a coilover setup on a gen 2? Even a camry or other car?
There has to be another option.
Right now my car has 19x8.5 xxr 522's on it, and id really like to lower it further than the tein s-tech springs allow me, and get a stiffer ride out of it. I will probably be doing the RSB here soon as well.
Anyways, have any of you had any experience in this area, or had any other setups that have worked? Just trying to get some options.
here are some pictures of my current setup:

Image<br>
'05 3MZ - Camry ksport coilovers - TRD RSB - injen SRI - muffler removed
spikeyjad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Coilover options for Gen 2?

Postby Down2TheC » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Trust me, you want the RSB on there yesterday! That makes a world of difference on the handling. Then maybe Save up for the Tein SS set. I think there are alternatives, search around and you'll find them, but that may be the only package designed specifically for our car. Short of getting bags, I don't think you'll get much lower and the rear with that big wide 8.5 will need to be rolled even with just the 2" Tein provides.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby spikeyjad » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Yea, i know. ive got the 8.5 (last set of xxr's were 9") and it has a +38 offset on the front that fits good.
but I got a +15 offset for the rear, found they were poking a little too much, so i bought some camber bolts to lean them in quite a bit. it looks really good and i get compliments on it all the time.
Ill be getting the RSB here soon. i already rolled the rear and even did some cutting to the quarters. im set to go lower im just trying to weigh my options.
'05 3MZ - Camry ksport coilovers - TRD RSB - injen SRI - muffler removed
spikeyjad
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm

me and another member have been researching around for some coilover options outside of tein as well. k-sport is another recently found option. the parts are made for the gen5 camry but we should be a direct fit.

great lookin gen2 btw
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5