[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TUNE UP!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

TUNE UP!

TUNE UP!

Postby CmeFLY » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:07 pm

hey so quick question. its time to perform a tune up on my baby.. a friend of a friend is a toyota certified mechanic. so the question i have is.. he said that i should use oem spark plugs. and i was wondering if there is anything better then that? also. can anyone tell me what goes into a FULL TUNE UP that the stealership would perform?
[2006 3.3 SLE]---[2 12' Kenwood subs]---[ECLIPSE DOUBLEDIN]---[INJEN SRI]---[TRD RSB/ FSB/ SPRINGS COMING SOON]---[15% tint front 5% tint rear]---[8000k top / 3000k bottom]
CmeFLY
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: TUNE UP!

Postby CmeFLY » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 pm

realized i posted in the wrong section. sorry. =] but can anyone tell me what a dealer would charge for a tune up? I'm assuming about $400+ for the 60k service?
[2006 3.3 SLE]---[2 12' Kenwood subs]---[ECLIPSE DOUBLEDIN]---[INJEN SRI]---[TRD RSB/ FSB/ SPRINGS COMING SOON]---[15% tint front 5% tint rear]---[8000k top / 3000k bottom]
CmeFLY
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: TUNE UP!

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm going to assume the gen2/2.5 also use Denso Iriduims and you really can't get much better. NGKs are comparable. Those are the 2 brands pretty much everyone on the forum uses. I'm not sure whats all included in the 60k service
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5