[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - coilover opinions need advice
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

coilover opinions need advice

Re: coilover opinions need advice

Postby t3chnique » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

If your really serious about slamming your gen 2, if the holes for the camry coilovers line up with the 'lara, it would be no problem to get them to "perform correctly"
Just get the weights and distributions of both cars and get the spring rates of the camry coilovers.
Then use some custom rates.

I dicked around with 3 different spring/shock setups tryna get low before ordering my coils. I'm down a little over 3" from stock and couldn't be happier. Makes me wonder why I didn't just save in the first place
But meh, live and learn right?
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ACProductions » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:35 am

*Cough cough*

http://www.ground-control-store.com/pro ... =104/CA=18

It does say 99-whatever.

Dare I wonder?
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Projex0 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 am

well bought it, i'll let you guys kno.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

what'd you buy??
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

K sports?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 am

ok guys heres the scoop we all know http://www.kyb.com and http://www.monroe.com makes struts for our gen2/2.5. both sites list the gen5 camry and the gen2 using the same strut with matching part numbers. my other sources were from dealers mechanics and various shops were told its not the same and if it was it wouldn't perform right( a lil contradicting right?).

my last source was the gen5&6 forum on http://www.toyotanation.com. i searched through countless post after post on anything relating to tags solara, coilovers, teins etc... i came across a post that stated that a member bought tein ss(made for the gen2) and tryed to install it on the camry but the tein ss was missing a hole that had to be drilled this bolt connects the strut to the knuckle( something along those lines) but the main point is that it lined up.
so if going from the gen2lara coilover~~>gen5cam missing one hole only, it would mean going from a gen5cam coilover ~~~> gen2lara would surely work....... then again this entire this is speculating(if only somone had some old unused stock gen5 cam struts to do a test fit )

but i ended up buying the teins i'd rather spend the money towards the k sports but too many uncertainties to burn 800+ on speculations
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 pm

recieved my tein's now just gatta plan when to get it done (the other two are in the box)
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:44 am

Sweet!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 am

GzNutz wrote:Sweet!

yeah!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 am

The way those coilovers are set up are you able to adjust the preload on the spring and lower the car from the bottom collar? or you can only use those two perches to lower the car which means you cant go too low otherwise the spring wont be compressed and it will be loose?
Thats the issue i had with my previous set up, i never had any preload on the springs so when i slammed my car all the way the springs would not be compressed so when i would hit a dip or a nice bump the springs would be loose which caused my coilovers to blow out soon.

Thats the reason i got my megans which allows me to do everything i want. I even got shorter and stiffer springs. So im able to go lower.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Projex0 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:43 am

thanks Toyo for the info this would be my first ever coilover, im honestly not looking to go that low with these so having them blow out prematurely shouldn't be an issue i hope
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:36 pm

WELL?????
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Anxious, aren't we?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:48 am

lol yadda hey bro im getting these put in on wed the 15th at 10 am at sonic MS in mountian view just a heads up
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 am

i really cant wait to see how this turns out. at least some1 has the balls to try something new. haha
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5