[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - coilover opinions need advice
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

coilover opinions need advice

coilover opinions need advice

Postby Projex0 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

alright i've been talking to a parts guy about coilovers and mentioned to him that my solara literally only had one aftermarket coilover which is Tein. Also been looking at part number of struts for the camry(gen 5) the closest www.kyb.com list matching part number for both the gen 5cam and the gen 2lara but that was it heres my prob

he offered:
Ksport Kontrol Pro Damper System Coil Over Kit (CTY04-KP) for the gen 5 for 883 shipped
Tein super street which is made for our cars (DSL68-KUSS2) for 1225 shipped

i really like the price of the ksport but 50%+/- chance it wont fit or will, which would you guys/gals consider?
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: coilover opinions need advice

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm

subscribed

edit: i'm surprised there's only a 50% likelihood that the gen5 camry and gen2 solara suspension would match. Anyone have experience with this??
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Well with only one source confirming it its stuck at 50 unless. Any gen2 ppl who is still alive and kickind can help me fimd a few more sources i might end up getting the teins bbut if the ksport does fit itll open up a more coilover options lik bc racing coilovers, and megans
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

man this forum is dead :(
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 am

Do they even make bc racing and megan for the gen2, im under the impression that they dont. Megan just barely put out the coils for the gen 1 no more than a year ago. Tein is just too damn expensive. I beleive its like 1500. Ksport is retail at 1000. If your not getting your answer here because i know this forum is DEAD and STUPID. This fourm might as well close now. Just go to Toyotanation, a lot more help there.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Projex0 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:14 pm

U should reread my post i said if the ksport did fit since it is from the gen 5 camry it would open up more options for us gen 2owners to use the camry coilovers and yes megan and bcracing does hav coilovers out for the gen 5 camry. No where in the post did i mentioned megan has CO for the gen2lara.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Projex0 wrote:U should reread my post i said if the ksport did fit since it is from the gen 5 camry it would open up more options for us gen 2owners to use the camry coilovers and yes megan and bcracing does hav coilovers out for the gen 5 camry. No where in the post did i mentioned megan has CO for the gen2lara.

Well if your going to clarify things while being a complete as$ then maybe you can get more ppl concerned on your post. Well i would love to help out more but i dont have much knowledge on gen2's or the gen5 camry but maybe researching somewhere else would work? :roll:
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Projex0 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Really... I came off sounding like that, not my intention but then again from ur first post you kind of came of as one also. So i guess that was probably y i sounded the way i did. If it no harm no fowl then its in the past.

Back on topic, i have been to toyota nation as well as various out sites but they've come up moot with bearly any info....
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

both of you guys have been pivotal in my research on getting CO's. I agree with Nando on this forum being hella dead though, but TN is just too messy of a place for me to loiter. And Projex0's right... if we can confirm that gen5 camry suspension is swappable with gen 2, that'd be a whole 'nother playing field. The only one available to us right now is Teins. The only gen2 on these boards who has run CO's (afaik) was Posh's/Milt's but we haven't seen em around here for awhile. Anybody else??

this thread is so lonely.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:40 pm

lol^
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm

im actually trying to research for you guys on this issue.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I've been wondering this 4 a while to open up air ride options for us Gen 2/2.5 guys. For some reason there r just very little Gen 2/2.5 owners who r interested in Modding. Its probably largely to do with the lack of aftermarket support. Please keep us posted.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

so call up a couple dealers to see if they were interchangable, one dealer literally brushed me off by saying your solara is a sports car and that it wont fit in a 4 door sedan. the second one actually tryed to look up the part number, i think he tryed. either way i have a mechnic buddy at work and is hes checking for me and letting me know tommrrow.

SoSleek wrote:I've been wondering this 4 a while to open up air ride options for us Gen 2/2.5 guys. For some reason there r just very little Gen 2/2.5 owners who r interested in Modding. Its probably largely to do with the lack of aftermarket support. Please keep us posted.

i definatly will SoSleek

ToyoSolV6 wrote:im actually trying to research for you guys on this issue.

thanks ToyoSolV6 i really do appreciated.

again thanks everyone
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm

update.. my mechanic buddy at work told me that all his sources and parts people he knows as well as even a dealer friend he knows at hayward toyota said that it doesn't fit at all and even if the holes matched up it might not perform correctly.

so thats what he said what a freakin bummer. but its weird that he said even if the holes lined up... sounds like nobody really knows for sure.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 pm

I mean they are built on the same platform arent they. It would be REALLY strange if they used different suspension components. Why recreate the wheel...???
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5