[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - coilover opinions need advice
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

coilover opinions need advice

Re: coilover opinions need advice

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:55 am

Nice. i work in mountain view and sonic ms is highly reputable. you're in good hands
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:29 pm

yea thats where i had my trd springs installed and did my alignment so yea
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: coilover opinions need advice ((updated))

Postby Projex0 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:53 pm

unit of measure one finger all around the springs still need to settle so yea the dampening is set at 8 fronts and 10 rears. still feels a lil soft so i will play around with the setting when i go back to get my alignment done

its very comfortable well planted with the current setting around corners. ill take more pictures when i wash her up

Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:24 am

:sweet:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:28 am

8)
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:04 am

nothing fancy just finished washing the car

Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:59 pm

any update on the ride quality? is it a huge difference from what you had before?
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm

ride quality is fantastic im bumpin and tossin around everywhere lol. my old setup made a lot of noises everytime i turned the wheel, come down from a driveway at an angle even small bumps on the freeway with after switchin out i hear literally nothing, nothing remember how you said you have the floating feel with your setup well recently be changing the dampning settings up before it was 8(F) 10(R) now 10(F) 10(R) its stiff enough to where im the one flying out of my seat driving over a small dip in the road. lol

right now i still rub my tires because they didn't set the height to 1 finger all around the rears are still at a 1 finger angled so im going to get that taken cared of when i go back for the allignment. my tire's sidewall are a lil soft so when im making sharp turns i feel the car is staying put but my tires give in on the turnes making me feel like the car has a lot of body roll
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:52 am

yup getting coils is like night and day for our cars. when i was on struts and springs my car felt soggy, boat feeling while turning. Now with my coils it feels great about a month ago i put it up to the test i went on big meet/canyon run with a bunch of bmw's evos' subies 350z g35's. Put it to you this way there was a 350z in front of me that kept trying to loose me. He pushed it too hard on a turn and almost lost it and went off the canyon lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Did you replace the strut mounts or anything else while getting the coils installed?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:yup getting coils is like night and day for our cars. when i was on struts and springs my car felt soggy, boat feeling while turning. Now with my coils it feels great about a month ago i put it up to the test i went on big meet/canyon run with a bunch of bmw's evos' subies 350z g35's. Put it to you this way there was a 350z in front of me that kept trying to loose me. He pushed it too hard on a turn and almost lost it and went off the canyon lol

i've done a canyon run once with in my last car and i took it easy but i was scared as hell about falling off lol

GzNutz wrote:Did you replace the strut mounts or anything else while getting the coils installed?

the coils require you to use your front top mounts and the rears came with these gold top mounts so im not sure about the rears
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:27 pm

what size wheels are those? they look like G35s?
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Projex0 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:37 am

Aotoyota wrote:what size wheels are those? they look like G35s?

yea they are g35 wheels i got them from a member here
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby djandrey_M » Tue May 01, 2012 5:53 am

Looks great, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a set of tein coilovers myself for my gen1
djandrey_M
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Projex0 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:47 pm

good luck man i love mine not the price tho lol. i have the settings set the way i want it and im enjoying my drive each time i get behind the wheel.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5