[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Looking at Aluminum Floor Mats
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Looking at Aluminum Floor Mats

Looking at Aluminum Floor Mats

Postby jimmm » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Does anyone have any experience to share about these types of Aluminum Floor Mats? I think they would go nicely with the aluminum parts of my radio and dash. I don't like carpeted mats and I'm rather tired of the the shoe stains that get on my beige Weathertech rubber mats.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/logo-an ... 1b2166becc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250691087586?ss ... 1438.l2649
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Looking at Aluminum Floor Mats

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 pm

what are they made of? I'm surprised you don't like the weathertech. I don't like the carpet ones either but these weathertech ones are the bidness!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:06 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:what are they made of? I'm surprised you don't like the weathertech. I don't like the carpet ones either but these weathertech ones are the bidness!

My Friend, Yadda. It's so nice to hear from you, and I welcome your questions:

1. I don't know exactly what they are made of, and that is why I asked if anyone had any experience with them. From the first site I posted all I can say is what they advertised: "These custom-fit mats combine the no-nonsense look of aluminum diamond plate with the flexibility of a quality floor mat. Multi-layer construction and a special scratch-proof clearcoat film helps these easy-care floor mats retain their classic good looks no matter how much abuse you throw at them. Clean-up is easy--just hose them off. Durable two-tone binding and rubber nib backing.
Manufactured in USA and guaranteed for life. To order, enter your vehicle's year, make and model below. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery."

Request a Sample Swatch

Note: I did request a sample swatch to be sent to my home address.

2. I do like my Weathertechs, as I told you in a personal inquiry you made to me after I first bought them about 2 years ago, but the beige rubber seems to show shoe marks too easily and require too much scrubbing to keep clean the way I like them clean. You know how anal I am about that sort of thing. Otherwise they have held up very nicely and look like they are going to last for a very long time. These aluminum ones just caught my eye and I was just wondering if I might like them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/logo-an ... 1b2166becc
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:14 am

My 2¢: I'd pay special attention of the grip between the heel of your right foot and the mat--it may be a bit slippery to wet soles of shoes. But I'm just looking at the picture and haven't actually seen/felt these aluminum mats to compare, but I temporarily drove around without my mats on my FJ. Without the mats the FJ footwell is a rigid, hard, vinyl-like surface with similar 'diamond grips' as the aluminum mats you have shown. Driving is do-able when both the footwell and my shoe soles are dry but when either surface is wet (ala Ohio rain, sleet, snow and mud) putting the pedal to the medal get's real hairy. It got so bad I had to put the mats back in (I took them out in the first place cuz they were full of clay dirt--my city tore up my whole block to install new gas lines), I'm just one of those drivers that definitely needs their heel to grip to actuate the accelerator properly.....braking was scary also. Think newly Armor-All leather steering wheel on a twisty road.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby jimmm » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:00 pm

^Thanks for your input, BlackBob. Perhaps, I won't be able to answer any of your questions until I have examined the sample swatch that they will send me. I will also check the auto parts stores and sections of stores to see if anybody is selling anything like them.
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5