[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P0171 Error w/ Weapon R Secret Weapon
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

P0171 Error w/ Weapon R Secret Weapon

P0171 Error w/ Weapon R Secret Weapon

Postby tevansroskos » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 am

Alright, im posting this in aftermarket because of my secret weapon cold air intake on my 06 Solara SE 2az-fe. I've been battling P0171 Error (Bank 1 Cylinder 1 Running Lean) since i installed the system. I know its not the intake's fault, its just exacerbating a current problem that the car had. I have cleaned the MAF and replaced the O2 sensor (Upstream), checked the hosing, created a seal for the MAF. I am not sure where else i could go. The MAF could be burnt out, but I have a clean idle and the car runs perfectly. The reason im concerned with this is that P0171 is a misfire condition. So if i can get any input that would be great. Maybe bad injectors?? I'm at a loss at this point and i dont want to pay a mechanic a million dollars to fix something i could do myself.
tevansroskos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: P0171 Error w/ Weapon R Secret Weapon

Postby 1gSE » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 am

Has the intake manifold been off recently? Could be a vacuum leak near that runner...or anywhere. Carb cleaner will help pin point it if there is one. Maybe add a bottle of seafoam or an injector cleaner the next time you fill up
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Check the vac connections to you iac valve(s). Try to get the fuel trims stored with the cel also.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tevansroskos » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Ok, these both sound cheaper than what i've been doing so will do. thanks for the input.
tevansroskos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tevansroskos » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:28 am

ooook. Been doing some research and from what i'm finding, Weapon-R is simply a poorly designed system. The inlet tubes that connect to the breather and recirc. are behind the MAF and the air breathers they manufacture are awful. Well, my fault for not doing more research on the company beforehand.
tevansroskos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5