[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Racing Seats
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Racing Seats

Racing Seats

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:24 pm

So I've been doing a lot of work. Next thing I wanna do is find some nice racing seats to match the interior. My question is has anyone done this in a 2 or 2.5 and what problems could I potentially run into? I know there's airbags, seat sensors for the passenger airbag, etc...
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Racing Seats

Postby GzNutz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 am

Custom brackets for the seats.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:45 am

All the sensors and airbags can be disconnected with no problem. You will need to get custom brackets with sliders. Thats where it gets expensive, Otherwise what kind of race seats are you planning on going with?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby DJDonPX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Now given I'm not actually racing the car. It's all for show I'm leaning towards something that wont break the bank. I kinda like the black w/ red stitching type R style seats. I'd run them with a NRG harness bar and red 4 points. I have heard (in other cars) actually bolting up the stock seat rails to the new seats. Not sure if its an option here. Also with the lights do I have to worry about the airbag light coming on and whatnot? I don't wanna see a christmas tree on my dash.

Even if the rails don't line up my neighbor builds Triumph TR6's for race or pleasure. The man is a genius with welding and whatnot so I'm sure he could hook me up for little to no cost.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm

DJDonPX wrote:Now given I'm not actually racing the car. It's all for show I'm leaning towards something that wont break the bank. I kinda like the black w/ red stitching type R style seats. I'd run them with a NRG harness bar and red 4 points. I have heard (in other cars) actually bolting up the stock seat rails to the new seats. Not sure if its an option here. Also with the lights do I have to worry about the airbag light coming on and whatnot? I don't wanna see a christmas tree on my dash.

Even if the rails don't line up my neighbor builds Triumph TR6's for race or pleasure. The man is a genius with welding and whatnot so I'm sure he could hook me up for little to no cost.

Hmmm about the light on the dash i wouldnt know because my gen1 doesnt have that feature you can ask some of the gen 2 guys about that. As for seats. Yeah the type R reps are pretty nice just know that low quality seats usually dont last long. I have a buddy that had replica seats in his 7mgte cressida, and with enough launches on the car. One day the seats snapped in half. lol

These NRG seats are pretty nice and durable i was going to get them when i had my AE86 Corolla.
http://www.robearracing.com/pd-nrg-carb ... t-seat.cfm

And the price wont be too bad.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby DJDonPX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 pm

After reading some stuff on other sites and looking at tons of seats I'm still not sure what I'm getting lol. The christmas bonus from work is soon coming and I need to decide lol. But the brackets definitely wont be hard, Talked to my neighbor and he said it's cake. As for the lights I feel like I'm probably either gonna need resistors or I'm gonna start pulling bulbs lol.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby t3chnique » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:46 pm

I understand that everyone has a budget but seats are not a part I would cheap out on. Ive had some friends that have had replica and off-brand seats (like Bride and Signal Auto) and they have a lot more flex than i'd be comfortable with on a daily. Stock seats are regulated and crash tested but most aftermarket ones unless stated aren't subject to regulation.
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DJDonPX » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:40 am

Yeah I got a better job now with better pay and lots of OT so the budget got better.... I really like the Bride XAX II Japan Edition. Black suede with gray stitching. I could sacrifice having red stitching if it meant having a better quality seat but I'm still looking around to see what else is out there. I plan on getting a harness bar and red 4 points so it should look pretty sick when done.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5