[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacement for hood lift
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Replacement for hood lift

Replacement for hood lift

Postby RedrocketGEM » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:09 pm

My 07 Solara is getting tired and the hood will not stay up. Anyone have any experience with NON-Toyota (Stabilus) gas lifts?? They are about half the price of the dealer OEM version. Any help on what to push, pull, pry or unscrew to do the change would also be appreciated.
RedrocketGEM
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Replacement for hood lift

Postby dinoxor » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:54 am

Regardless, these gas lifts will wear down over time.
Therefore, I just used a pair of dedicated jaw locking pliers to keep my hood up every time.

dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:36 am

Haha! good idea
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NewShockerGuy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:58 am

I bought this for my wife's car.

Cheap and works just like OEM. It's a gas strut... There was NO way I was going to pay $100+ for a Toyota one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1pcs-Hood-G ... true&rt=nc

-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5