[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2004 Owners, anyone going to go for mods?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

2004 Owners, anyone going to go for mods?

2004 Owners, anyone going to go for mods?

Postby got sport » Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:50 pm

Are any of the '04 owners in here going to modify their cars? I'm looking for websites and information on mods for the '04s. It's still early for '04 mods, but I can't wait!!!

Only thing so far is an air-filter.

Or does anyone know if mod parts for previous Solara years will fit/work on the '04s?
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Raven » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:17 am

I was thinking about this for my se sport's interior: defi's heads up display vsd ll http://www.gruppe-s.com/Defi/defielec.htm, it can be set at engine speed for best shifting points when out of the auto transmission mode and a carbon fiber shift knob that kind of like this one http://store.yahoo.com/sevensaturdays/xtremcarfibm.html, I'm sure the stock leather knob will wear quickly. Like you, I'm looking forward to future mods for the motor.
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby got sport » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:07 am

I contacted TRD as well, and they weren't much of a help either.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:58 am

I talked to trd rep. in louisville, ky. and he said you could expect around 100-125 hp. gain with trd mods, just a guess though. We got to wait on trd research in california for the 04 mods. That be a fast ride, the 3.3 puts out 225hp/240 ft. lb. torque + 125hp mods..350hp+!? with ?? low end torque. I wonder if anyone on the forum would know better rumors on a date and details. Speaking of rumors, I wonder what's toyota's fastest car going to be the sc430, a moded solara or the rumored new supra?

Postby Raven » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:01 am

I talked to trd rep. in louisville, ky. and he said you could expect around 100-125 hp. gain with trd mods, just a guess though. We got to wait on trd research in california for the 04 mods. That be a fast ride, the 3.3 puts out 225hp/240 ft. lb. torque + 125hp mods..350hp+!? with ?? low end torque. I wonder if anyone on the forum would know better rumors on a date and details. Speaking of rumors, I wonder what toyota's fastest car going to be for 2004, the sc430, a trd moded solara or the rumored new supra?

edit-forgot to log in, sorry for my guest post, I'd delete if I could.
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby got sport » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:11 am

Dang...100-125 hp increase??? WOW!

Raven, would you happen to know about my post/question regarding our SE Sport shocks? I want to know if they will be sufficient enough to handle aftermarket springs.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

drool

Postby bigpow » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:17 pm

Would like to see some Xenon Headlights mods, clear corners maybe, and definitely a mod to match all the intrument light colors.

Can't wait...
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby got sport » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:24 pm

Just called Tokico, and inquired whether they have shocks for the '04 (I know it's early, but doesn't hurt to try). They said they only have it up to the '01 model, and I left a message with their technical dept to see if they'll develop shocks for the '04. Crossing my fingers...if not, then gotta look at other alternatives.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby got sport » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:02 pm

Tokico called stating that they don't know when they will start R&D for the '04s...time to start looking for another brand.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:33 pm

gotnoni, dont know about the shocks, I do know they say in the owners manual (pg.214) not to modify the suspension with springs, so probably not, not saying it could be done though. I found trd has 18" wheels for the 04 solara and I remember seeing in my dealer's showroom a solara with trd wheels on, they looked nice, I'll see If could find a picture sometime, dont like the $2,214 price tag, but it's tempting. They would probably have a s/c right after I spent the money on the wheels. :x

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5