[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Is it plausible that TRD would make a supercharger...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Is it plausible that TRD would make a supercharger...

Is it plausible that TRD would make a supercharger...

Postby rich » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:38 pm

for the new Solara and it would top out at 300+HP?
rich

rumors...

Postby angelo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:45 pm

I read sth in the C&D forums, but it seems more like rumors to me at this point...
angelo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby got sport » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:36 pm

If based on past TRD research and development for past Solara models, there will be and should be a supercharger for the '04. Afterall, there is a SE Sport model for the '04s so it will make sense if TRD manufactures aftermarket products for the '04s.

It's more of a matter of time. It took about 4-6 months for TRD to come out with aftermarket products for the Scion.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:36 pm

I was asking the TRD rep at 2 different dealers and they said that the Supercharger should be here by the 05 Solara model, but probably in Spring 04
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Raven » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:07 pm

From my understanding the current supercharger for the 3.0 that gives about 70 hp increase and the 3.3 is the same engine just bored out, so it should'nt take much change for trd to make the older supercharger version work. The sport package options shows that there is plans to make the solara a racer friendly car. It would'nt make any sense that they would'nt. Currenty you can get around 100 hp with trd mods, you know it going to be more for 3.3, so yeah, more like atleast 325+. :P
I just hope trd puts out a supercharger with more than the current 4 psi boost.
04 black se v-6 sport
black pearl emblems
Raven
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5