[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Air intake. . . ?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Air intake. . . ?

Air intake. . . ?

Postby Blazed04 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows about any plans from TRD or any other company, if theyd be making an intake for our cars?
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mattyboyl » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:54 am

I would expect something any day now with K&N and TRD. Our cars are still considered brand new and it takes a bit to conjure up an intake that is specially formatted for our particular car. Now, since we share the 3.3L engine with the Lexus RX series, I would assume we could use that intake fitament.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cptnkoolaid » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:36 pm

This was posted like a month ago and there is still no intake, and I really want one! Does anyone know any news on this because I really want to start moding my 04 Solara.
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:01 pm

fyi, the short-ram actually decreases performance. i made the mistake in purchasing one, however CAI (cold air intakes) are supposed to actually boost performance.

at the moment, just stick to a K&N drop in filter if they have it.

unless you are just in it for the sound.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby onefiend » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:29 am

You can always go with a short ram intake with a heatshield and use some header wraps to decrease the temp. in your engine bay.
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jaimster » Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:20 pm

onefiend wrote:You can always go with a short ram intake with a heatshield and use some header wraps to decrease the temp. in your engine bay.

Yeah, but it won't help very much.
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Blazed04 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:48 pm

I think our engines (3.3 liter) sound throaty when i get on it a little. I wonder what it would sound like with an intake. Until then i'll be waiting for a company to make one...
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5