[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD Exhaust
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

TRD Exhaust

TRD Exhaust

Postby cptnkoolaid » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:01 pm

I was thinking about purchasing a TRD Exhaust for my 2004 Solara. Does anyone know how good it is, or if it has been dyno tested? If you have any info on it post it here like what it sounds like and how much hp it increases. Thanks
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mattyboyl » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:35 am

I have seen this on ebay for $399. I have seen TRD try to sell this muffler for 499. That is insane. It's just a muffler and not a catback system. You will not gain any more that 5hp if that! The only two things this muffler will do for you is give it a sporty appearance and makes the exhaust note alittle more aggresive. For that price, I would go cat back with an outside company for that kind of money. TRD get s a bit ridiculous with it's pricing. Now if this exhaust wuill give you an exhaust note of a 350Z/Infinity, I will take it just for that. But, don't expect any typer of significant hp numbers. You will be greatly dissapointed to expect that from a muffler only.
Last edited by mattyboyl on Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cptnkoolaid » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Are there any other choices for an exhaust, or cat-back for the 04 solara. It look's like apexi makes one that 99+, is this true?
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alan8888 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:18 am

I bought that $$ 410 in dealer. only look better.
Bad quaity. has some rust on it after rain....:-(
sound little bit louder... make your car need more gas from 2000- 3000 rpm acclaration.
better than none..
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby U4ER » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:28 am

its True that Apexi has the exhaust out already its the WS and WS2 series for $519, but my preference is Greddy SP2 or any other model they might come out for at least $599, i rather pay the extra for the qaulity

U4ER
2004 SE Sport Cosmic Blue, 35% tint all around
4 Diamond Audio 6x9 F & R,Kicker KX300.4 & Kicker KX600.1,3 10" Type-S Alpine,Pioneer Avic N2, TRD Strut bar, Momo F16 Evo shiftknob, Apexi N1 Exhaust
U4ER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cptnkoolaid » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:14 pm

Do you lose your warranty if you add a different muffler besides the TRD one? I really don't want to spend that much money on just a muffler, but if thats the only way I can keep my warranty then so be it
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mattyboyl » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:00 pm

The only wararanty you lose is the muffler warranty since it isn't Toyota. The way exhaust systems are made these days of 304 stainless steel, these exhaust systems should outlive your car. The exhaust system will not void any other warranty on the car. It will make your car breathe better and actually cool the engine a bit therefore adding alittle, but not much hp and torque depending on application. On our Solara, I would expect a good amount of hp added to the wheels since our drivetrain loss is minimal. i would be interested in seeing some dyno numbers.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5