[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New TRD rims...ugly
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

New TRD rims...ugly

Postby bkp_duke » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:35 pm

whaddever

chrome = ghetto

it's almost as bad as getting a the gold trim package

PS - if we were really serious about racing, we would find a nice Supra turbo and trick it out. most people here got the Solara b/c it is a good balance: nice looks, nice power, nice ride. not perfect in any of the 3, but good in all 3
bkp_duke
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kalibleek » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:47 am

i've NEVER liked chrome rims, unless they were thrown on an enormous SUV. the aluminum finish rims look 10 times better.
W.S.W.B.
fab 5
westside
kalibleek
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Fatal-NJ » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:47 am

I would'nt say they're that bad. I'd rather get some 20' Sprewells though!
Fatal-NJ
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SKYravefever » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:36 pm

ugly, fugly, and other terms conveying that thought. BLING BLING DAWWWGGG
SKYravefever
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Slappy_G » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:10 am

One word: YOWZA.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Slappy_G: slapping the competition down!
2000 Solara SLE V6: Silverstream/Black Leather
Slappy_G
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Chrome Rims

Postby cosmicstarr » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:17 am

I think chrome rims can be nice on darker colered cars. When I first saw the picture of the chrome rims on the silver solara, I didn't think it looked good at all. It's probably because I don't like chrome rims on lighter colored cars. However, when I saw the picture of those same rims on the dark blue SC430, I thought they looked a lot better.

I also like machined finished aluminum alloy. I wish the stock rims were machine finished instead of that dull, matte like finish.
cosmicstarr
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Chrome Rims

Postby NOBOOST » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:52 am

The Chrome TRD rims look lame on the solara... AND IF you are going chrome you have to go 20's with spinners... or go home!!!!!

:o
NOBOOST
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Slappy_G » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:51 am

The Chrome TRD rims look lame on the solara... AND IF you are going chrome you have to go 20's with spinners... or go home!!!!!

ROTFL!... That totally rocks.

On a side note, would you believe a friend contracted me to design a spinner hubcap for him with a motor and an accelerometer, such that it always rotated at the opposite speed of the car. It would always look like it was not turning, even at highway speed. :)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Slappy_G: slapping the competition down!
2000 Solara SLE V6: Silverstream/Black Leather
Slappy_G
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5