[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD spring install
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

TRD spring install

TRD spring install

Postby cydog3 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:59 am

I bought trd springs for my 04 solara sport v6, I called my dealer as I was told the dealer had to install them to not void the warranty they want 250 to install the front and 250 for the rear are they f'in crazy lol.. This seems real high to me is it ?

Anyone know a good tuner shop in MA ?
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby biggie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:53 pm

I live in Canada...my dealer wanted 370 for the front, 370 for the rear and 475 for the springs, and then another 80 to check the allignment. No way.
2004 Solara SE V6 Sport:
Black/Black
18" Lexani Krystal Wheels
Xenon Lights
35% Tint
biggie
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Blazed04 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:43 pm

Whata F'in joke!
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby thealkimo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:34 pm

I paid $380 for both struts and springs to be installed at my local Meineke Center. Toyota always tends to be expensive but they will stand by their work, but ever since they wanted $250 just to install a TRD quickshifter I decided to definitely look other places first when installing anything I don't feel comfortable installing myself.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby geminimouse » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:38 pm

I would never trust a toyota dealership to do anything. 40% chance of ur car comin out of the shop without any problems :lol:
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:48 am

geminimouse wrote:I would never trust a toyota dealership to do anything. 40% chance of ur car comin out of the shop without any problems :lol:

I agree totally!
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cydog3 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:53 am

Yea I agree the only benifit (which is big)is by having them do it it doesn't void any warranty and they can't blame bad installtion of the springs for cause of other problems.

I bought aftermarket wheels on one of my cars and the 6 months later I had vibration on the highway,So they blamed the rims and said there was nothing they could do,Since they were aftermarket and not approved by them. So I had to go out an buy an oem set just to have them fix the real problem which had nothing at all to do with the rims.

Not going through them just gives them an out
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5