[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - No TRD Supercharger for the 3.3 V6!!!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

No TRD Supercharger for the 3.3 V6!!!!

No TRD Supercharger for the 3.3 V6!!!!

Postby Weedo » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:26 am

After 3 emails and 3 voicemails to TRD, I finally got through and actually talked to someone. The guy said Toyota has no plans currently to make a supercharger for the 3.3. Part of the reason I bought the Solara was knowing (hoping) I could get the supercharger when it came out. Not that the car isn't quick, because it really is (6.6 to 60, 15.0 @ 94.1 in the quarter) but my last few vehicles have been a 2000 Corvette and 2 Lightnings and I wanted something that was 1. relatively inexpensive, 2. high quality and fit and finish 3. something that I could "play with" and make faster.
:agrue:

I wonder if a single or twin-turbo setup could be adapted without too much of a cost or hassle.?.?.? :wink:
2004 Black on Black Solara SE Sport
Weedo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:02 am

the compression is very high (10.8:1) so a turbo would be out of the compression unless you go w/ custom pistons that lower the compression.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Weedo » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:00 am

ACV20 FREAK wrote:the compression is very high (10.8:1) so a turbo would be out of the compression unless you go w/ custom pistons that lower the compression.

Uhhhg..... As nice as this car is, I can see getting bored in about 3 months. I need something to tweak on!!
Weedo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby VirtualSlayer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:54 pm

are u 100% shur no supercharger??? guess imma get accord then.
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: No TRD Supercharger for the 3.3 V6!!!!

Postby NOBOOST » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Weedo wrote:After 3 emails and 3 voicemails to TRD, I finally got through and actually talked to someone. The guy said Toyota has no plans currently to make a supercharger for the 3.3.

well I was told different about a month ago from my buddy that works at toyota...he told me mid summer at the earliest
NOBOOST
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: No TRD Supercharger for the 3.3 V6!!!!

Postby Weedo » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:02 pm

NOBOOST wrote:
Weedo wrote:After 3 emails and 3 voicemails to TRD, I finally got through and actually talked to someone. The guy said Toyota has no plans currently to make a supercharger for the 3.3.

well I was told different about a month ago from my buddy that works at toyota...he told me mid summer at the earliest

I sure HOPE they come out with it, if so, i'll wait for sure. I figured TRD would know if they're making one or not, but you never know. They seem like a bunch of idiots from my current and past experience. Really surprises me coming from a company like Toyota...
Weedo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby VirtualSlayer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:02 pm

so are there any comfirmations yet? yes or a no?
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cydog3 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:56 am

My local TRD dealer told me Supercharger by summers end . He got this information from their TRD rep
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:34 am

I also heard of the S/C by spring's end to mid summer.

But the high compression may not be too great w/ the S/C. Are you sure it's the 3MZ S/C and not the 2AZ S/C (2AZ S/C will be launched w/ the Scion tC during this summer's Scion USA launch)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby cydog3 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:37 am

Well when I talked to him I had my car with me Because we were talking about putting lowering springs in . Then I said to him that rumor is no supercharger for the 3.3 and he said he had remembered their rep saying there would be . Then we went into his office and called their rep and was told by summers end it would be available
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby VirtualSlayer » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:26 am

awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So like how much would the SC cost and how much would it be predicted to boost?
VirtualSlayer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cydog3 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:29 am

Heres an email I got from TRD

Thank you for your interest in TRD. Yes, the sport shocks are compatible with the TRD lowering springs. If you feel that the ride is fairly stiff with the stock setup the TRD springs will make it feel a bit more stiffer because of lowering.

We don't have an ETA for a supercharger at this time.

Here's a list of TRD parts for the 04 Solara:

Sport Muffler
Lowering Springs
Drop-in Air Filter
Front Strut Brace
18" Wheel/Tire Set

Please contact your local Toyota dealer for pricing.

TRD Help
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Weedo » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:02 pm

Try calling TRD and see if you get the same answer that I got. Maybe the guy was just an idiot. I was shocked at his lack of knowledge about the TRD products. He couldn't give me any information as far as the REAL power figures even for the exhaust, err, I mean "muffler". Up to 10%? What is that supposed to mean?.?

Anyway, I hope we hear some news soon on the blower!
Weedo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cydog3 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:08 pm

like I said my dealer also called while I was sitting there and was told end of summer it will be available
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Weedo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:03 pm

cydog3 wrote:like I said my dealer also called while I was sitting there and was told end of summer it will be available

So who at TRD is lying? My guess is that it's the guy I talked to as I can't imagine they WON'T make a supercharger for this engine.
Weedo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5