[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Injen CAI
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Injen CAI

Injen CAI

Postby cptnkoolaid » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:47 pm

so anyway, I was on the Injen site because I want a CAI and no one seems to be making one. So I went to this site and I saw that they are looking for a v6 camry/solara. So if you are in California. Give them your car for a little while and lets get one of these babies on the market, because im sure you want one too.
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Blazed04 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:38 pm

... This is all im really interested in for my car, for aftermarket parts.
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dabuda » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:41 am

well, when ppl think of solara, hot car doesnt automatically come to mind...maybe if u say G35, 350Z, RX-8, STI, etc. but i think this 2nd gen has come a long way...maybe solaras will start getting more respect
dabuda
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alan8888 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:26 pm

wooo I live in Cal...but where r they and how long will they take your car
:-)
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: CAI

Postby SpikedMantis » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:45 pm

atlred wrote:I cannot believe ALL the aftermarket companys out there and NO ONE makes a CAI for the 2004 yet? WAY TO HOT OF A CAR TO KEEP STOCK!! Any sugesstions on where to get ANY a/m parts, I have looked and called lots and nothing?????? :snipersmile:

I don't think aftermarket companies do much for the camry/solara platform. They are way harder to mod than any Honda I think because younger people are the ones that buy mods and usually stick to Honda, not Toyota, especially Camrys/Solaras.
SpikedMantis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alan8888 » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:23 pm

OH...i am young people...and i like to stick with toyota..i don't like honda :fadein:
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cptnkoolaid » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:42 pm

"I don't think aftermarket companies do much for the camry/solara platform. They are way harder to mod than any Honda I think because younger people are the ones that buy mods and usually stick to Honda, not Toyota, especially Camrys/Solaras." -SpikedMantis

Don't get me wrong I know there is not alot of Toyota's but I know that there is a CAI for the Older solara's and there are a ton of other stuff I found includes a s/c. So maybe they will come out with stuff for this car, its just taking way to long for me!
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krzyray » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:00 pm

If you are looking for some real power, get some headers :D
http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=8609
krzyray
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cptnkoolaid » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:53 pm

Those are not for the 3mz engine.
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:20 pm

gen 2 guys, be patient!

haha... sadly parts for the gen 1 are lacking already...

just a few months ago, headers were released (thnx to jp.)

about 1 month ago, the CAI extention/ 1 piece was made avail. (thnx to danny et al.)

point is, don't hold your breathe too long. just sit back and enjoy the ride.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby slingshot » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:28 pm

Very true. If you were thinking you would see many mods already, you're in fantasy land. It will probably take another year and more sales of Gen2 before they start making more mods. It's getting very tiring constantly hearing the complaining here about where the mods are for a car that is brand new and not big on sales even.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5