[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Invisaguard???
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Invisaguard???

Postby dabuda » Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:42 am

wats invisguard? do you mean clear bra? if so check out.. www.xpel.com
dabuda
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Tue May 18, 2004 12:40 pm

invisguard is the protection coating they spray on the car to keep the paint from rusting. The dealership does it for a fee and it has to be done within 30 days of purchasing the car.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue May 18, 2004 1:09 pm

never heard of invisiguard..are you referring to rustproofing??
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jewls » Tue May 18, 2004 5:36 pm

rustproofing is pretty much what it does, but the dealers call it invisiguard.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby fotodad » Tue May 18, 2004 6:05 pm

Last I heard Invisiguard was a clear, thin, durable, plastic film applied to the front of your car or wherever stones may cause damage to the paint. It's also known as a clear bra.

I have it installed on the front bumper, one-third of the hood, along the rear panels, on the headlights, and on the mirrors. Materials and labor cost me $500.00 to have it installed. I'd recommend having it done professionally. There is definitely an art to applying this stuff. There are other companies (3M, Stoneguard) who make this type of product as well.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Invisaguard???

Postby fotodad » Tue May 18, 2004 6:13 pm

atlred wrote:Where can I purchase the Invisaguard for the '04?????

As someone earlier suggested, check out the website to find an authorized dealer and installer. Since you live in a large metropolitan area, I doubt you'll have a hard time finding a dealer.

Just a footnote: My car just survived a Wisconsin winter of having salt, stones, and rocks thrown on the roads for better traction. Bumpers and hoods on cars I've owned in the past look as if they've been shot a hundred times with a shotgun. After this winter there is not one stone chip on my bumper or hood or anywhere the clear bra is installed. Unfortunately, on an area on the hood where there is no clear bra, I've got a couple nice stone chips. Guess I'll have to cover the entire car! I feel the clear bra was one of the best investments I've made for my Solara. Unless you're good with those touch-up brushes or don't mind having the bumper repainted or don't mind having your bumper look like it's been sandblasted, get the clear bra!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby fotodad » Tue May 18, 2004 6:16 pm

Oops, one more thing:

Some people are concerned about how the Invisiguard stuff looks on the car once it's installed. Unless you know it's there (and even when you do) you have to be right on top of it to know it's even there.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed May 19, 2004 8:06 am

fotodad wrote:Oops, one more thing:

Some people are concerned about how the Invisiguard stuff looks on the car once it's installed. Unless you know it's there (and even when you do) you have to be right on top of it to know it's even there.

Unless your a DPWhite car..then its more obvious.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

invisiguard

Postby twincepts » Mon May 24, 2004 7:22 pm

I'm also planning to get the invisigurad put on my solara. I've seen it on other cars and I first saw it at the LA Auto show. They have a life time warranty, and it won't peel either or get dull. I think it's a good investment. Once I get mine done, I will post some pics. The quote that I got for a 3M brand was $450 installed.
2004 Solara SLE V6
28% tint all around
clear bra hood protector
exact fit all season clear mats; OEM mud guards
more coming soon...
twincepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jewls » Tue May 25, 2004 4:50 am

Wouldn't that stuff cause uneven fading on the paint?
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Tue May 25, 2004 4:51 am

By the way, you were right. I was thinking of Weatherguard. That's the clearcoat protector.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5