[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Full speakers specs on 2nd Gen Solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Full speakers specs on 2nd Gen Solara

Full speakers specs on 2nd Gen Solara

Postby gSx_8o » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:31 pm

What are the full speaker specifications on the 2nd Gen Solara?
(Ranging from mid-range, woofer, and components
And sizes, wattage, resistance)

Thanks a lot.

gSx_8o
gSx_8o
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Full speakers specs on 2nd Gen Solara

Postby yanges » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:15 pm

gSx_8o wrote:What are the full speaker specifications on the 2nd Gen Solara?
(Ranging from mid-range, woofer, and components
And sizes, wattage, resistance)

Thanks a lot.

gSx_8o

and if anyone knows the radio specs i would appreciate it!

Thanks! 8)
yanges

2004 Arctic Frost Pearl Solara SE
yanges
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Cant help you guy's with the specs but..!

Postby solara04 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:51 am

When was out and about looking to get rid of that manufactures dull assed audio sound I first went to Best Buy. I was told that in order to get any kind of appreciative sound I'd have to junk my factory stereo and replace it with something after market. Heres the kicker. When I went to have my windows tinted those folks also did car audio. I asked him what he thought. I told him what was said at Best buy. He said they only wanted to sell you a stereo. He said he would replace the speakers and leave the system as is. But his price for doing it was ridiculous. So I decided on a leap of faith. I have the 6 CD factory changer mated with new:
Alpine SPS-690A 6" x 9" Type-S Coaxial 3-Way Speaker.
By the way the size of the speakers are 6X9 in the doors as well as the trunk deck.
I left the factory tweeters inplace as I didn't want to screw around with having to purchase and install an amp. It worked out perfect. I crap you not, my stereo sounds like wearing a pair of high-end headphones. The sepration in the JBL system has always impressed me, but with the new 3-ways the sound is just insane.
You see the people in the commercial driving past thier house because they enjoy the driving experince so much.. Thats me.
Also three weeks ago I had XM Radio istalled. The module for the JBL facotry is $500, and can only be had at the dealership. Believe me, I spent two weks looking for it after market. Pioneer makes the Head unit in our cars but non of the Pioneer XM tuners will fit. save yourself the effort and have the Delphi Skyfi installed. About $350. Definately would advise it for the protablilty of the unit. ..and umm.. like dude.. the sound is totally awsome!
Thats it for the Audio. When I do the TRD Duel Exhauat I'll post again.
Oh Lord.. won't you buy me a Solara Sport...

'04 SeSport Red, Moon Roof.
225 bhp @ 5600
Zero to 60 mph: 6.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 19.4 sec
solara04
Mookie's Buddy

Postby cptnkoolaid » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:12 pm

Yo, Solara04, how did you get the one's in the door in. Did you have to take off the door, how did you do it? Anyway are they really 6x9 in the door? that seems really wierd. anyway sound cool, I wanna do the same.
cptnkoolaid
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Yep.. 6X9's in the door.

Postby solara04 » Sat May 01, 2004 11:10 am

When I went and use the componenet indentifier in BEst Bu'y car audio shop, it gave me two fifferent sizes for the front and back. I had Circuit City install them and they found out they were the same size. I no because we had to through the whole refund process to get the other pair. But just be sure I went out iin the garage right now and the box's are the indenticle set. I listened to some Pioneer 4 way's, but the Alpines had better bass response.
Oh Lord.. won't you buy me a Solara Sport...

'04 SeSport Red, Moon Roof.
225 bhp @ 5600
Zero to 60 mph: 6.9 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 19.4 sec
solara04
Mookie's Buddy

Postby mtodde » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:55 pm

Does anyone have the directions for replacing the speakers? Hopefully someone has bought speakers from Crutchfield or Sounddomain. I'm sure the rear deck will be a pain, but I'm not sure how to remove the door panels either. I would like to upgrade to JBL Power Series 6x9s...Thanks
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SilverSolaraV6 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:59 pm

___________________6 speaker____JBL____6 speaker____JBL

tweeter ___6.5cm____4 ohms____1.7ohms___17.5 w_____15 w
woofer____6x9______4 ohms_____4 ohms___17.5 w_____20 w
full range__6x9______6 ohms______------____17.5 w_____-----
coaxial____6x9______ -------_____2.4 ohms__------______20 w

This info is per 200+ page new car features manual from my last visit to the toyota training center!!
SilverSolaraV6
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5