[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Michael T's Custom Lower Grille
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Michael T's Custom Lower Grille

Postby slingshot » Thu May 13, 2004 4:44 pm

Can you tell us just how it installs and stays in place? Perfect press fit pushing it on from the outside? Could it withstand a water hose shooting a stream of water at it when washing your own car without dislodging?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu May 13, 2004 4:51 pm

slingshot wrote:Can you tell us just how it installs and stays in place? Perfect press fit pushing it on from the outside? Could it withstand a water hose shooting a stream of water at it when washing your own car without dislodging?

I've taking my car through many car washes with high pressured wash and under carriage and grill wash and air dry with no problem or grill moving. High pressure home car wash as well. If any one has installed a grill insert, they can tell you that it will not move and will stay in place. The highways are no problem as well. Again, the installation instructions are included with the purchase of the grill. Perfect fit from the outside. I will take more pictures if needed, however I can assure you the grill sits firm and tight inside the bumper and it is flushed against the bumper of the car. Also, easy to clean.

Thanks,
Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Custom Chrome Grill Insert for 2004 Solara

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri May 14, 2004 6:56 am

When ordering the grilles, please specify:
1. The grille color or finish (BLACK or CHROME)
2. Which grille (Upper or Lower or Combo Set)
3. If you purchase the upper grille (No, Emblem or Yes, to reuse of Toyota emblem) YOU MUST specify this for the upper!

Payment method is PAYPAL.
www.paypal.com

My paypal account is michael40507@yahoo.com

If you have further questions please email at michael40507@yahoo.com

Thank you for all of your support,
Michael T.
Michael T's Custom Designs

LOWER GRILLE
72.15 - (lower grille)
5.50 - (shipping & handling)
2.20 - (optional USPS insurance $100)
-------------------------------
79.85 TOTAL for lower grille

Payment method is via paypal.
http://www.paypal.com

My user account is michael40507@yahoo.com

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the cost for 2004 Toyota Solara custom chrome grille insert?
A: The cost for the custom chrome grille insert is $72.15.

Q: What is the cost for shipping & handling within the U.S.?
A: $5.50 within the U.S. Excludes Hawaii and Alaska

Q: What is the cost for shipping & handling outside of the U.S.?
A: Please email me your address and I will reply with the shipping methods for your area.

Q: What shipping methods are used?
A: USPS Priority mail.

Q: What is the cost for insurance for the grille?
A: The cost of insurance from www.usps.com to insure items $50.01 to $100.00 is costs $2.20.

Q: Is there a discount for purchasing multiple grills?
A: Yes there is a discount for purchasing multiple grills. Please email me with the amount you would like to purchase and a negotiable price can be accommodated.

Q: What is the payment method?
A: Paypal is the easiest payment option at this time. Below is the paypal link http://www.paypal.com. My user account is michael40507@yahoo.com

Q: What is the chrome grille made of?
A: Aluminum chrome, rust resistant.

Q: How do you install the custom chrome grille insert?
A: The custom chrome grille insert is installed with small premium grade zip ties that attaches to the stock grill bumper of the 2004 Solara (all models). The premium grade zip ties are quick and easy to install. There is no need for drilling or cutting your existing stock grill. The custom chrome grille insert is designed to fit all 2004 Toyota Solaras.

Q: Will custom chrome grille insert obstruct my front license plate?
A: In some instances, the removal of the front plate is recommended to install the custom chrome grille insert. After the custom chrome grille insert has been installed, you can put the front license plate back in place.

Q: Can the custom chrome grille insert withstand against direct high pressured water spray?
A: After conducting extensive tests of direct high pressured water spray, under carriage high pressured wash and spray, and highway driving; the conclusion is that with the premium grade zip ties has the grille secured in place and will not allow it to move.

Returns and Exchanges instructions.

1. The product must be returned in unused and brand new condition.
2. The buyer will pay for shipping and packaging the product and it must be postmarked within 10 days from the original delivery date.
3. Once the package has been received, a credit will be issued within one to two weeks.
4. A 25% re-stocking fee will be assessed for all returns.
5. Shipping & Handling and insurance fees are non-refundable.
6. Please allow between two to three billing cycles for a refund to appear on your credit card statement.
7. If you paid with a Money Order, a check will be issued to you.
8. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will receive a refund.

For all returns and exchanges please email michael40507@yahoo.com for return address to send package.

If you have further questions, please email me at michael40507@yahoo.com

Serious buyers only please.

Thank you,
Michael

More pictures are available at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/491339
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 14 times in total.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Fri May 14, 2004 10:15 am

Shipping is very inflated. It shouldn't be any more that $7-$10 depending on zip code. So is the product I should add! $90 for tin and "high quality" zip ties?!?! Sorry the math for the materials and man hours to create this thing just don't add up at ALL! The thing better be gold plated and install itself for that price. I know your a business man, but give me a break, the demand isn't that high to rape your fellow Solara Guys. Let's put one of these things on ebay and let people decide how much its worth to them. I just don't see anyone paying that kind of money for something that will be mass produced by several other comapanies for ALOT less. I'll simply wait if I have to. No biggie.
Last edited by mattyboyl on Fri May 14, 2004 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Fri May 14, 2004 12:32 pm

i have some more faqs for ya

whats it made of?

is it stainless?

will it rust?

can we see a pic of the grill from various angles OFF THE CAR?

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri May 14, 2004 2:36 pm

Shoe wrote:i have some more faqs for ya

whats it made of?

is it stainless?

will it rust?

can we see a pic of the grill from various angles OFF THE CAR?

shoe

It is made of aluminum chrome and will not rust.

Yes, I will try to get more pictures. Again, I'm on vacation and sorry that I'm not able to reply. I'll be more than happy to answer more questions once I return.

Thanks for your patience.
Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri May 14, 2004 2:40 pm

mattyboyl wrote:Shipping is very inflated. It shouldn't be any more that $7-$10 depending on zip code. So is the product I should add! $90 for tin and "high quality" zip ties?!?! Sorry the math for the materials and man hours to create this thing just don't add up at ALL! The thing better be gold plated and install itself for that price. I know your a business man, but give me a break, the demand isn't that high to rape your fellow Solara Guys. Let's put one of these things on ebay and let people decide how much its worth to them. I just don't see anyone paying that kind of money for something that will be mass produced by several other comapanies for ALOT less. I'll simply wait if I have to. No biggie.

Free shipping within the U.S. and I want to help the fellow Solara Guys and willing to drop the shipping, however I don't have boxes and will have to purchase them myself. I feel that $90, with free shipping within the U.S. is fair and besides, the grill looks great.

Keep in mind, I'm not mass producing this. If you decide to wait for other companies to provide the grille insert, please do so.

I just felt that I have not seen anything on the aftermarket for the 2004 Solaras at this time and thought this custom chrome grille insert looks great on mine and other 2004 Solaras as well.

Also, I've already taken several orders for the grille and everyone else feels that the grille is fairly priced. Thank you for addressing this issue.

Thanks,
Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby alan8888 » Sat May 15, 2004 3:13 pm

alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blazed04 » Sat May 15, 2004 9:08 pm

Hmmmmmm 8)
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat May 15, 2004 11:56 pm

alan8888 wrote:Oh my god look at this.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33645

Hmmmm...looks exactly like the grille that I purchased for my Altima, except that there are no black edging to keep the car from being scratched. Besides, my custom chrome grille insert looks so much better.

I'm pretty certain that the material is the same as the link below.
http://www.grille-tech.com/detail.html?prodid=91

Check it out for yourself.
Also, I've already contacted this company for future grill inserts for the solaras and they do not have plans for future grills, and if they even make one, they're only available in black or silver designs.

Diamond styles below.
http://www.grille-tech.com/dgrille.html

Race styles below.
http://www.grille-tech.com/grille.html

I'm very satisfied with the Altima grille insert, the product and instructions were very clear.

So, as you can see, my price is not far off. They are selling it for $79.00 plus Buyer pays $9.00 shipping and California buyers add 7.75% state sales tax. Shipping to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico require an additional $10.00. Which comes up to around the neighborhood of $90 after taxes, which I'm not charging.

Again, my grille is aluminum chrome finished and is rust-resistant.

I would love to see some more close up pictures of the grille from ebay. I've got direct close up of my grille and the pricing is fair. I will be sending shipments to those of you who have placed orders.

Thanks again,
Michael
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Sun May 16, 2004 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby alan8888 » Sun May 16, 2004 1:29 am

don't worry michaels_artic_frost

i will buy your grill....becoz yours one looks alot better
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Custom Chrome Grill Insert for O4 Solara

Postby michaels artic frost » Sun May 16, 2004 2:09 am

alan8888 wrote:don't worry michaels_artic_frost

i will buy your grill....becoz yours one looks alot better

No worries here, I'm not mass marketing this custom chrome grille insert. As I had stated in the begin of this thread, I had a few to go around. As for the Q & A, I thought it would answer some questions that others may have. As for that otha company, they really need to do more R & D. Seriously, I'm just your average Joe with some creative ideas and was fortunate to have customized something like this for myself and thought about sharing it to my fellow Solara Guys. Your comment is much appreciated and will definitely look great on yours as well.

In the end, I'm just trying to boost the 2004 Solara aftermarket.

Regards,
Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Better pic of the grill.

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu May 20, 2004 11:47 pm

For those of you who emailed me and asked for better pictures.
Here they are, I got a much better pic of the grill the otha day. I have to admit, the chrome grill really does compliment the car. If anyone is serious about purchasing this grill for a lesser price. Email me a price quote or post it.

There are more pics on my site below.

michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Fri May 21, 2004 12:48 am

I really like it! :D I think it's great that you're trying to help us out. :smilecolros:
It looks a lot better than what I did with Home Depot mesh...it does look like teeth :lol: but I hate seeing it open.

Hope you got another one left for me!!
I'll try tomorrow.

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri May 21, 2004 5:32 am

Astro wrote:I really like it! :D I think it's great that you're trying to help us out. :smilecolros:
It looks a lot better than what I did with Home Depot mesh...it does look like teeth :lol: but I hate seeing it open.

Hope you got another one left for me!!
I'll try tomorrow.

Larry

Thanks for getting a better picture of your grill. Just hit me up when you're ready and we'll talk and you should have it within a week.

Peace!
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5