[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Sway Bar and Front strut brace installed
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Rear Sway Bar and Front strut brace installed

Rear Sway Bar and Front strut brace installed

Postby cydog3 » Fri May 21, 2004 7:41 am

I just got both installed yesterday and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. The car drives and feels a lot more solid well worth it. I set the RSB to the middle setting. Anyone see a reason to move it to competition setting?

I will post some Pics possibly later today
Last edited by cydog3 on Thu May 27, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Solara SE Sport Coupe V6
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cydog3
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Fri May 21, 2004 8:29 am

it is a good idea for first time usage of the upgraded rear sway bar to be set at the loosest level. (the most outer and closest to the end of the bar)

that way you can learn how to manuver your car's new dynamics.

once you get used to the new feedback, step up 1 notch.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Astro » Fri May 21, 2004 8:39 am

Congrats! I can't wait to install those. :D
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby cydog3 » Thu May 27, 2004 4:31 pm

Added Front Strut Brace picture
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dawp » Fri May 28, 2004 1:02 pm

does the strut brace really improve handling over the stock one,or is it just a looks thing.
dawp
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mattyboyl » Fri May 28, 2004 1:22 pm

I was going to ask that too. I mean, It's a metal bar to help with body roll. The car handles well due to the stock bar. Why change it?
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri May 28, 2004 1:27 pm

The TRD strut bar looks much better than the oem one. (oem looks like $19.99 from ebay) IMO.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby mattyboyl » Fri May 28, 2004 1:51 pm

My whole point is this: You pay over $100 for something that does the same exact thing, but you just don't like the color of the metal or the fact it doesn't have TRD on it. I'll tell you what, I'll take the OEM bar off, paint it up real nice, slap on a TRD decal, clear coat the sum bitch and charge a dollar less than what TRD charges. Sounds like a good deal eh? :D I'm all for modding up a car, but come on. Save your money for something you don't have and would make the car better, not the same. I mean, if I were driving without a hood so people could see my engine, I might consider one. I would also powdercoat, and chrome the whole damn engine while I was at it if that were the case. 8)
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cydog3 » Fri May 28, 2004 1:58 pm

Well Since I did the FSB and RSB at the same time all I can tell you is the can handles ALOT better if I had to choose just one without a doubt I would just do the Rear Sway Bar . But its your opinion and thats cool but I belive it makes a huge difference and would reccomend to anyone who has it in their budget to do both . and oh yea its not just for looks .Personaly its under the hood (FSB) and under the car (RSB)I don't care what it looks like but how the car handles that matters
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby got sport » Fri May 28, 2004 2:40 pm

Actually someone mentioned on this board a while ago that the FSB's purpose is to allow a supercharger to fit in the engine bay below the SB because the OEM bar will not fit over the supercharger. And this leads to the assumption that TRD will market a supercharger for '04 eventually.
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Fri May 28, 2004 2:54 pm

cydog3 wrote:Well Since I did the FSB and RSB at the same time all I can tell you is the can handles ALOT better if I had to choose just one without a doubt I would just do the Rear Sway Bar . But its your opinion and thats cool but I belive it makes a huge difference and would reccomend to anyone who has it in their budget to do both . and oh yea its not just for looks .Personaly its under the hood (FSB) and under the car (RSB)I don't care what it looks like but how the car handles that matters

From what others have written on this board, if you removed your TRD FSB and put back the stock one, you'd see no difference in handling since the RSB does all the improvement.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cydog3 » Fri May 28, 2004 5:59 pm

That may be which is why I wrote if I had to choose just one without a doubt I would just do the Rear Sway Bar . But still perfectly happy doing both

As for the supercharger it was supposed to be End of Summer but now looks like it may be begining of next yr :(

Only time will tell
Last edited by cydog3 on Mon May 31, 2004 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mattyboyl » Sun May 30, 2004 2:49 pm

The rear sway bar definitely makes a difference in handling with no doubt. You probably have no body roll whatsoever. It probably feels like a sports car huh?
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Mon May 31, 2004 12:35 am

mattyboyl wrote:The rear sway bar definitely makes a difference in handling with no doubt. You probably have no body roll whatsoever. It probably feels like a sports car huh?

The rear sway bar will help reduce the body roll, and it will get rid of a lot of the car's built in understeer. A stiffer front sway bar will get you to the point of having almost no body roll. However, it also brings back the understeer in a big way, so it's debatable whether getting rid of all of the body roll is really worth it.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cydog3 » Mon May 31, 2004 6:08 am

you are correct the car drives much more like a sports car feels a lot more solid as for the understeer wouldn't say I have any it did understeer big time STOCK but some of that stopped after the lowering springs were put in.So all in all I think if you don't try and skimp on a part and get them all..(Springs,RSB,FSB) You'll love the difference.Like night and day as far as sports like feeling and cornering goes. With all 3 understeer and bodyroll a thing of the past sporty and race like is here

I still have the RSB on the second setting and I'm perfectly happy with it don't think I'll change it to competition setting . Anyone think I should ?

My next purchase will either be the oem's dipped in chrome and then purchase REAL tires (STOCK ONE'S S U C K) or maybe just go with TRD 18 5 spoke or possible the chrome but leaning toward 5 spoke
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next