[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Tinting questions
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Tinting questions

Tinting questions

Postby slingshot » Wed May 26, 2004 12:59 pm

Does anyone have pics of their car tinted with 35% for the front windows and 20%(darker) for the rear windows and back window that they can post or have a link to? I'd like to see how that combination looks in this car. Trying to decide between gettting that combo done or 35% all around.

Also, has anyone put metallic tinting on? I'm worried how it might affect both the radio reception and the NAV GPS reception. Not knowing where the NAV GPS antenna is makes me worry.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby thealkimo » Wed May 26, 2004 2:05 pm

If your going to tint the windows I would say have an even tint all around...

I have a mirror tint and it doesn't seem to interfere with reception, but keyless entry range seems to be almost cut in half.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Thu May 27, 2004 10:33 pm

Sup?

I've got platinum/mirror tint. 35% in the front and back and quarter windows are 20%. I had no choice. That's the legal tint in the state of KY and in order for the tint company to put a legal sticker on the car so I wouldn't get ticketed for illegal tinting. Otherwise I would have had 20% all around.

Check out this pic, I'm not sure if it will help or not. If not, let me know and I'll take more to focus of the tint difference of 20% & 35%.

You may want to check out your tint regulations if you want to stay legal.

Hope this helps.

Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jewls » Fri May 28, 2004 5:42 am

God I love that color!!!!! I tried and tried to get it, but the only one in the tri state area was a dealer demo with 5k miles and cigarette burns!!!

Black is still sexy though! :D
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5