[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Michael T's Custom Upper Grille.
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Michael T's Custom Upper Grille.

Michael T's Custom Upper Grille.

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:12 am

Hello everyone,

As you all know, I’ve been very busy trying to develop the upper replacement grille for the ’04 Solaras. Well, I’m very pleased with the end result, just finished it this Wednesday (06/02/04) morning around 6 A.M. Just for the sake of Q & A, please see the link below.
http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=8820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

The material is polished aluminum, anti-rust resistant.

OEM Upper grille with 2004 Toyota Solara Lower Mesh Grille Insert

2004 Toyota Solara Upper Mesh Grille Replacement

If you are interested in purchasing the 2004 Toyota Solara Upper Mesh Grille Replacement , I’m still trying to work out some final details and will keep you posted. Your feedbacks and comments are greatly appreciated. If you’re wondering about the pricing, don’t worry…it’s no where near the Trenz $285.

For more pictures, please click on the link below.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/491339/5

I'll try to get more pics when it's not 6 A.M in the morning...lol. :D

Thanks,
Michael
Last edited by michaels artic frost on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:02 am, edited 20 times in total.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:53 am

I totally respect the fact that you are providing aftermarket parts for a very dry aftermarket Solara industry. So kudos on that. I must say that I am very neutral about the grill. I am looking at it and it looks like a fine piece, but I just don't know if I personally like it for the Solara. Maybe I would like to see an emblem. There just seems to be something missing that would tie it all in to make it work for me. I personally think the Solara looks awesome stock. For those who want a custom look, I think it's a nice piece. It's all in taste. Either way, good job Mike and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for the Solara aftermarket.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:09 am

mattyboyl wrote:I totally respect the fact that you are providing aftermarket parts for a very dry aftermarket Solara industry. So kudos on that. I must say that I am very neutral about the grill. I am looking at it and it looks like a fine piece, but I just don't know if I personally like it for the Solara. Maybe I would like to see an emblem.

^^ what he said...
I see a lot of altima's now a days with grill mesh's that the above solara looks like one as well. ..either try the same mesh in black color or try something thats a honeycomb mesh (like the GMC denali's have). a wider mesh..like such...
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jewls » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:29 am

I am gonna hve to jump on the bandwagon and agree. I like the lower grille you made, but the upper one is far from my style. I would personally like to see a lower one in black.
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby slingshot » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:31 am

The upper one looks too plain without the emblem. I'd like to see a pic with the emblem on it to see if that improves it.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Blazed04 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:40 pm

^^^ Thats what i was gonna suggest, put the Toyota emblem in the grill!! I think that would enhance it a ton! But other than that, nice work and i wish that other companys could produce parts as fast as you.
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 pm

I'm very suprised at myself for doing all this stuff to my new toy. I would never have imagine myself doing this much work. I agree about the aftermarket industry. As I stated before, I'm trying to get the 2004 aftermarket industries to speed up.

I'm very happy with the upper & lower grill. I just wish you can see it in person. Pictures can't justify the look. The grill shines from a far distance. It compliments to car so so much. As for everyone wanting the Toyota Cowboy emblem in the middle of the grille. I'm not a fan of it. That's another reason for me to remove it and leave it clean. That's why I'm debadging the car.

Every where I drive, the car gets so much compliments. That interns makes me appreciate my car even more.

Your feedbacks and comments are great, thanks guys.

-Michael :D
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:38 pm

Why not offer customers the choice of the emblem there or not then? Some might want it, others might not. I'd still like to see how it would look with it.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby thealkimo » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:53 pm

if i had an gen2 i'd buy one of those ASAP...looks great!

i like it debadged too...i also have a custom grill w/out the emblem and like having a completely nondescript exterior :wink:

again, both upper and lower mesh grills look clean.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yanges » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:19 pm

let me know when you have a price on the top piece....

does it attach the same as the stock grille, or does it go over it?

i bet it would look good with a Black Pearl badge on there...
yanges

2004 Arctic Frost Pearl Solara SE
yanges
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:53 pm

slingshot wrote:Why not offer customers the choice of the emblem there or not then? Some might want it, others might not. I'd still like to see how it would look with it.

I was thinking about that during my half hour of sleep this morning...lol. I'll definitely take better pics during a sunny day with and without the Toyota Cowboy emblem.

Thanks for the feedback Dave!

-Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:09 pm

yanges wrote:let me know when you have a price on the top piece....

Hi,

The OEM grille is removed and the mesh grille is installed using the two bolts for a secure fit.

No drilling or cutting is needed, the mesh grille will fit in place of the OEM grille.

I find it most peeps have their own likings and I'll definitely try to have the OEM Toyota Cowboy emblem reused for those who want the emblem in the middle.

Lastly, pricing is a big factor and I am a consumer like yourselves and will keep that in mind. Let me work out the details and will definitely keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:17 pm

Jewls wrote:I am gonna hve to jump on the bandwagon and agree. I like the lower grille you made, but the upper one is far from my style. I would personally like to see a lower one in black.

Hi Jewls,

As for a painted lower grille, I've had a customer purchase the lower grille and painted to match the color of their car. So that maybe something to look into.

Thanks,
Michael
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby yanges » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:18 pm

michaels_artic_frost wrote:
yanges wrote:let me know when you have a price on the top piece....

Hi,

The OEM grille is removed and the mesh grille is installed using the two bolts for a secure fit.

No drilling or cutting is needed, the mesh grille will fit in place of the OEM grille.

I find it most peeps have their own likings and I'll definitely try to have the OEM Toyota Cowboy emblem reused for those who want the emblem in the middle.

Lastly, pricing is a big factor and I am a consumer like yourselves and will keep that in mind. Let me work out the details and will definitely keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
Michael

hey Michael

got an update for us on pricing of the top piece yet? how much was the lower one again? i may get that one first....

Thanks! :rainbowafro:
yanges

2004 Arctic Frost Pearl Solara SE
yanges
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5