[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any ideas on clear corners and red backlights?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Any ideas on clear corners and red backlights?

Any ideas on clear corners and red backlights?

Postby got sport » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:45 am

Has any company made this yet? Or Michael, are you thinking about creating them?
<b>'04 V6 SE Sport -Black</b>
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gotsport
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jewls » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:50 am

Poor Mike, he is single handedly the 04 Solara mod creator now. haha I don't see how they are going to make clear corners for our gen 2's? It will probably be the end of next year before we start seeing any mods for our cars. :(
2005 Mustang GT Premium
2004 SE Black-SOLD
Pioneer MP3/XM radio/speakers,K&N filters,TRD RSB,Cargo Net,OEM Mud Guards,sport pedals, blue interior lighting,TRD oil cap,20% tint
Jewls
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Any ideas on clear corners and red backlights?

Postby mattyboyl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:56 am

got sport wrote:Has any company made this yet? Or Michael, are you thinking about creating them?

The only way clear corners can be created and sold would probably be an exchange company that will need your existing headlamp since the turn signal and headlamp are all one piece. I honestly don't see this happening unless michael's_artic frost develops something. He seems to be coming up with ideas and visual mods for the new Solara.
Last edited by mattyboyl on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:39 am

got sport wrote:Has any company made this yet? Or Michael, are you thinking about creating them?

I just got to reading this thread and I'd bout LMAO and feel ova in my office at work. I think everyone heard me...

I appreciate the thought and gesture from got sport. I would love to make some Altezza lights, however I feel that mattyboyl is right. Me, myself and I development team is too busy working on my buddies' rides. I'm currently working with three '04 Accord coupes (very nice, not that I would get one or anything, it was a consideration though), a '99 Ford Explorer and a 1st Gen Solara, not counting my own ride.

Thanks for showing me luv. Clear corner lights are not possible, however I'm looking at other materials for the upper grille.

Thanks guys,
Michael

...Back to the drawing board...lol :lol:
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:34 am

michaels_artic_frost wrote:

I just got to reading this thread and I'd bout LMAO and feel ova in my office at work. I think everyone heard me...

I appreciate the thought and gesture from got sport. I would love to make some Altezza lights, however I feel that mattyboyl is right. Me, myself and I development team is too busy working on my buddies' rides. I'm currently working with three '04 Accord coupes (very nice, not that I would get one or anything, it was a consideration though), a '99 Ford Explorer and a 1st Gen Solara, not counting my own ride.

Thanks for showing me luv. Clear corner lights are not possible, however I'm looking at other materials for the upper grille.

Thanks guys,
Michael

...Back to the drawing board...lol :lol:
clear corners are possible if you have the $$ There is a company that does them here but its very pricy might cost you up to $300
they wanted $100 to make clear corners for my gen 1.5
and you must give them your set of lights
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby mattyboyl » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:56 am

I don't know if you guys understand something. The headlamp and turn signal lense are all one piece. The way the headlamp is designed, it really would make sense to make that small section that is yellow and make it clear. It obviously could be done, but I just wanted to make sure you know the dynmaics and the relationship of the corner and headlamp.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby snce1980 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:12 pm

my bro's friend has a 2002 civic...and he wanted clear corners...so what he did was pop out the housing's...they're sealed together with some kind of sealant that you can get from home depot or any hardware store....well he popped the headlight housing into two pieces and just basically took out the orange for the turn signal...then he sealed it back together (you have to seal it really tight so you won't get any water in there when you wash your car)...now he has clear corners...and it cost him about 50 bucks...his lights look way better than the aftermarket lights my brother has on his car...
snce1980
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:29 am

michaels_artic_frost wrote:a 1st Gen Solara

What are you doing with the gen1 Solara?

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:46 am

Astro wrote:
michaels_artic_frost wrote:a 1st Gen Solara

What are you doing with the gen1 Solara?

Larry

Lower grille insert, I'll post pics as soon as it's ready, it's a 1st Gen (black) should look very nice.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:40 am

michaels_artic_frost wrote:Lower grille insert, I'll post pics as soon as it's ready, it's a 1st Gen (black) should look very nice.

That's cool. Are you using the same chromed stuff you used with the gen2 lower grill? Man, I wish I could get some of that to put in openings on the b/w kit. I hate the stupid mesh from Home Depot. Is there a place I could buy some of that stuff? I want a better quality mesh.

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby got sport » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:11 pm

krawzyazn wrote:clear corners are possible if you have the $$ There is a company that does them here but its very pricy might cost you up to $300 they wanted $100 to make clear corners for my gen 1.5

Which company, and do they have a website? I'm in So. Cal too.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:35 am

got sport wrote:
krawzyazn wrote:clear corners are possible if you have the $$ There is a company that does them here but its very pricy might cost you up to $300 they wanted $100 to make clear corners for my gen 1.5

Which company, and do they have a website? I'm in So. Cal too.

you need to be really serious about it or they will not do it and like i said the cost is outragous
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Astro » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:36 am

I think the stock lights are fine. Do you really think it's worth that much or will look that good?

michaels_artic_frost: Have you finished the gen1 grill?
ImageImage
Astro

Postby got sport » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:13 am

Astro wrote:I think the stock lights are fine. Do you really think it's worth that much

Depends on how much. $1-$300, I'll consider.

Astro wrote:or will look that good?

I don't understand why Toyota even put the little piece of orange on the headlights and the tail-lights. Especially the headlights, it just messed up the conformity of the headlights. It may be just a small ticky tack thing, so I'm more interested in a tail-light.
got sport
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:22 pm

I guess for the price you could be 1 of a kind. But, it would've been cool for Toyota/Lexus to look at the way they did the RX and IS tail lights. I wonder how it would look to have something styled like those.
ImageImage
Astro

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5