[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone installed the TRD air filter in a SE sport v6?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Anyone installed the TRD air filter in a SE sport v6?

Anyone installed the TRD air filter in a SE sport v6?

Postby 04solarafanatic » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:09 am

Hey guys..i wantedt to know is anyone has installed the TRD air filter and if so...have you noticed any performance gains....or any kind of an advnatage.....sorry for the newbie question....

I'm planning on getting it...but only if its truly worth it..if not...I'll save and get something way better

Thanks!
04solarafanatic
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby erasat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:41 am

Not exactly TRD, but my K&N indeed is giving me better performance and fuel efficiency, the MPG is about 1.5 more than with OEM Filter. Just to give you an idea, some saYs that TRD and K&N is almost the same, but only thing I have installed on my car that is not TRD has been the Air filter.
Last edited by erasat on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cydog3 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:23 am

I have the trd installed . Performance is mildly better and you do get better fuel efficiency . There cheap and worth the money
2004 Solara SE Sport Coupe V6
Artic Frost Pearl
35% Tint
TRD Lowering Springs
TRD Air Filter
TRD Rear Sway Bar
TRD Front Strut Brace
http://www.cardomain.com/id/cydog3
cydog3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 04solarafanatic » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:05 am

Do you guys know where the best place to get the filter from?

I was thinking pep boys or R&S...

the K&N will work just as good right?

Thanks alot....I love this forum!
04solarafanatic
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xodessitx » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:18 pm

how does the air filter work in connection with giving better gas milage?
2004 solara
se sport v6
lunar mist
getting tints probably 20% all around
more coming soon.....
xodessitx
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

K&N filters are pretty much avail anywhere.

as for TRD/ K&N vs oem stock filter, it's very debatable.

one side can be that you achieve better gas mileage by having the engine not suck so hard when having a KN/TRD filter on.

less restriction makes the car operate w/ less strain thus having less fuel used.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby angelo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:48 am

erasat wrote:Not exactly TRD, but my K&N indeed is giving me better performance and fuel efficiency, the MPG is about 1.5 more than with OEM Filter. Just to give you an idea, some saYs that TRD and K&N is almost the same, but only thing I have installed on my car that is not TRD has been the Air filter.

I've been using K&N filters for years but 1.5 mpg more sounds a bit too much...
angelo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby erasat » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:31 am

Well, as a past owner of a Solara 04 Coupe and now the Convertible,I can tell you that i'm very aware of the MPG performance in both of them.

It's simple, before my other car was stolen I was checking the MPG a couple of times a week, and it was 17.0 MPG, when I got the Convertible, the first 2 weeks I drove it with OEM filter, when I got my K&N, I just reset the MPG Average and at that time it was 17.2 MPG (Constant with the other car), after I installed the K&N now it's giving me as of yesterday 18.6 MPG (Yes, you were right, 1.5 is too much, it was 1.4 MPG, just joking) and this is driving in same roads, same route as always nothing different.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Blacker » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:04 pm

I have used K&N Filters in several cars and never been happy with them. In my Pontiac, I lost power with this filter over the Fram Paper Filter. Plus, the silicon levels in the engine oil were higher using the K&N Air Filter. Just stick with the Fram.
2004 Lunar Mist Solara SE Sport
stock

1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am
375rwhp
Blacker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5