[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - OEM Body Kit, Where to find it?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

OEM Body Kit, Where to find it?

OEM Body Kit, Where to find it?

Postby erasat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:47 am

Hi guys, I don't know if you have tried looking for the Body kit for the Gen2, but for me it's almost incredible the things I have heard.

Since I got my first Solara 2004 Coupe, I have been calling all local dealers and some of other states, also looking on the Web and On-line Dealers and none of them have nothing. Today I continue with the search and then suddenly and finally after 6 months, one dealer told me that there is no such thing as a Body kit, that Toyota sells it in Parts (Front, sides and Rear), problem now is that all dealers appears to be able to just sell the sides flairs, they told me (All of them) that the front and rear are not available and they not even appears in the Parts catalog.

So question is simple, How in this world Toyota is selling a car for more than 8 months now (SE) that from factory has a Body kit, and they don;t have those as an option or as a Part? What happens if somebody gets an accident and need to replace the parts?, Sorry, but this is plain stupid, if they sell it with the car it should be available at same time car gets to the streets, accident can happen even in the dealer.

So, Does anybody know anything about it?, I know where to find the front parts (used one that is like new in good price), the sides ara available through any dealer, but what happens with rear part?, it doesn't make any sense for me to buy 2/3 of the Body kit.
Last edited by erasat on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:00 am

That's very odd :o :o :o :o :o...gl.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:32 pm

Very strange. If you get the side flairs, you'll have to take off your front mudguards and if you get the rear flair, you'll have to take off your rear mudguards. That's one reason I'm happy the SLE doesn't have the flairs. I gotta have mudguards! The car gets too dirty too easily without them.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Astro » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:42 pm

Ask the dealer what would happen if you got in an accident with a SE.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby erasat » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:54 pm

slingshot, I have thought of that all the time, but the Body kit still looks so good that is hard not to think on it.

Astro, that's the same questions I have been asking them since November last year, nobody seems to have an idea on what to do then, unless they replace with an aftermarket part then somebody simply doesn't want to sell it, but again, who is selling Aftermarket products?, Seems no one.
Last edited by erasat on Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mtodde » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:31 pm

That sounds like the story the dealer gave me on the spoiler for my SLE. After twice being lied to about the part being ordered the dealer claimed that there was no official part number...after I spoke to someone from Autonation corporate they had one in stock and painted in 2 days!

Have you talked to anyone @ Toyota?
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby twincepts » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:39 pm

Hey mtodde, how much did it cost you to get the body kit from autonation? I have a SLE as well and have been getting the run-around for months. thanks
2004 Solara SLE V6
28% tint all around
clear bra hood protector
exact fit all season clear mats; OEM mud guards
more coming soon...
twincepts
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mtodde » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:47 am

twincepts wrote:Hey mtodde, how much did it cost you to get the body kit from autonation? I have a SLE as well and have been getting the run-around for months. thanks

I was just trying to get a spoiler not the body kit. I got the same story about there not being a part number so I called the corporate office and Toyota...by the time Toyota called me back Team Toyota had the spoiler.
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mik00725 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:22 am

Erasat,

You should try a toyota dealer I go for my parts. It is in Degetau ave. in Caguas. After you go throw the .50 toll I think it is the 3rd exit to the right where the Suzuki dealer is. after the exit go past the light, inmediatly at the left you will see the shop. I'll try to look for the phone and post it; but it's best if you go personally. They have found everything for me and my other Toyota's.
2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby erasat » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:26 am

mik00725, thanks, I'm waiting for the guys from Toyota in San Juan to call me back, I called toyota headquarters and the refered me to them, if thy don;t call me by tomorrow, once I get back from Las vegas (I'm leaving on Saturday) then I can check out that dealer, thanks again.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby erasat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:28 pm

Well it seems that at least part of the body kit can be found on Ebay, take a look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... RK:MEBI:IT
Last edited by erasat on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:46 pm

Erasat...

This is crazy...Toyota needs to have these parts available as a package or separate. I just don't understant why no one has been able to help you.

About the front ground effects pieces from ebay...where is the seller getting this stuff at...lol...wrecked vehicles?
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby erasat » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:01 pm

Well, this one insists that she works at a bodyshop, and this one was from a car accident where the Insurance co. paid for everything brandnew, and this parts weren't even affected (it appears so in th epicture).

So, weird thing is that she is confirming me that somebody is selling these parts, if not, where does this body shop got the new ones?
erasat
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:11 pm

LOL... I called TOYOTA of Goldsboro and they told me they don't even have a part number for the body kit in artic frost pearl. They had part numbers for all of the other colors except for ours....GRRRRR...lol.

Sorry man...GL on your search. :D
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cklinh » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:24 pm

michaels_artic_frost wrote:LOL... I called TOYOTA of Goldsboro and they told me they don't even have a part number for the body kit in artic frost pearl. They had part numbers for all of the other colors except for ours....GRRRRR...lol.

Sorry man...GL on your search. :D

So they have it in other colors... 8)

Did you happen to get a price? (my hope is rising...)
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5