[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Put on air filter/exhaust-now reset the computer?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Put on air filter/exhaust-now reset the computer?

Put on air filter/exhaust-now reset the computer?

Postby VVTiGuy » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:08 pm

whats up guys,
Just installed my TRD air filter to compliment the muffler. My Car is running good with a small increase in power & throttle response. Should I reset the computer to optomize the air/fuel ratio...or do our cars automatically adjust?
2004 SE V6
TRD Muffler/filter/RSB/Springs
1994 Suzuki RF900R
VVTiGuy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mattyboyl » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:36 am

Cars are very smart and will adjust to run at it's maximum. If you do feel a bit of rough idle, drive the car for a few miles so that it has time to adjust itself. If you still have issues, try disconnecting the battery for about 15min. and this will reset your computer. If this fails, you may want to check out you MAS. If you modified you Mass Air Flow sensor in anyway, this could also affect the way your car is running.
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:40 am

to reset the ecu/m

disconnect your battery for 15 minutes

however, it will take about 6 tanks of gas before the ECU/M is set again. (As told to me by one of our service managers)
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5