[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD Performance exhaust question(new exhaust question)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

TRD Performance exhaust question(new exhaust question)

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:42 pm

gogeta wrote:have had my trd exhaust for almost 2 months now....definitely noticable power increase....but i also have the air filter....it is pricey but i think it's worth it.....people have compared the sound of my ride to a bmw.....don't know why....but thats the most common response.....

HHHHMMMMMM... Is there anyway you can get an audio clip? I'd like to hear it.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mattyboyl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:52 pm

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I have read on a few occasions (Motor Trend being one) where the stock Solara sounds like a 3 Series BMW when pushed. Now, I'm sure you are talking about a more pronounced and consistant sound while idle and cruising, right? :wink:
mattyboyl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby VVTiGuy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:37 pm

Stock my Solara was almost silent out of the exhaust even under full throttle. If you take a look at the stock muffler it makes sense....the exhaust enters the muffler does a U-turn and goes back in again. It is the SAME exact muffler design used on the ES330. Although the TRD muffler is quiet , the sound difference from stock is very noticeable. Many people here beleive that the TRD is a waste of $$. And they can have their opinion. However the fact is that any muffler shop will make you a full cat back for @ $100 less than the TRD muffler alone , BUT they will replace the stock stainless steel with Aluminized piping that will not last for more than a few years.
2004 SE V6
TRD Muffler/filter/RSB/Springs
1994 Suzuki RF900R
VVTiGuy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gogeta » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:58 am

the only times you really notice the sound is between 2 -3000 rpms and if i didn't live in the stone age i would totally have an audio clip for ya!!
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby onefiend » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:26 am

gogeta wrote:have had my trd exhaust for almost 2 months now....definitely noticable power increase....but i also have the air filter....it is pricey but i think it's worth it.....people have compared the sound of my ride to a bmw.....don't know why....but thats the most common response.....

$400 for a 2hp gain? Its not worth it. You'll only feel an increase if you had a CAI, headers, Y-PIPE, and cat-back exhaust (or you can get a lil more hp if you go catless). But hey if having the TRD muffler gives you confidence and makes you feel better about your car, then thats all that matters right?
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gogeta » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:02 am

confidence is good yes but my car definitely has more pick up then it did before....and since this is the only real mod out so far why not right.....plus my oher big thing is i won't put ne thing on that will void or mess up ne of my warranties....
arctic frost pearl/gray 04 se
trd exhaust/air filter
mb quart 2 way 6x9s front
eclipse 4-way 6x9s rear
kicker kx 600.1/kicker l7 dual 2ohm
alpine head unit itching to be put in...
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:20 am

gogeta wrote:confidence is good yes but my car definitely has more pick up then it did before....and since this is the only real mod out so far why not right.....plus my oher big thing is i won't put ne thing on that will void or mess up ne of my warranties....

Remember, most parts don't void your warranty unless they can identify it as the main cause of a problem. Just remember to buy for quality and know that TRD sometimes isn't the best. But, if I buy TRD parts, I definately go outside the dealerships because they mark it up way too much!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:55 pm

WHAT EXACTLY IS A CATBACK EXHAUST, AND WHAT DOES IT DO FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOLARA?
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rudy » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:31 pm

cablemn wrote:WHAT EXACTLY IS A CATBACK EXHAUST, AND WHAT DOES IT DO FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOLARA?

more importantly, what can we do to get you to turn caps lock off.

then we'll solve your other problems
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LukeTheWarrior » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:37 pm

Rudy wrote:
cablemn wrote:WHAT EXACTLY IS A CATBACK EXHAUST, AND WHAT DOES IT DO FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOLARA?

more importantly, what can we do to get you to turn caps lock off.

then we'll solve your other problems

pwned
Desert Sand Mica 04' Solara 4 cyl. SE
20% tint all around, Red street glow underneath, Micheal T's lower grille insert
LukeTheWarrior
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5