[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Screwed up the badges!!!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Screwed up the badges!!!

Postby Blazed04 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:45 am

$153!? You didnt make it really clear, but did you get replacements for all the badges you took off? Replacement prices in the dealer catalog for the 4 badges is a total of around $75. I guess the black cost more??
Lunar Mist '04 SE Sport V6
2001 GSXR 750

Blazed04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:09 am

atlred wrote:Yep the colored ones are more money. But if I had to have them to fill the holes I wanted them black. I still do not understand the purpose of the little "nipples" on the back of the badges. Can anyone explain them to me, none of the other cars I have had have had them on there?????

I believe Toyota does not want people to remove the emblems as easily as the past models, so that is the reason for the holes. It's also another way to make more money and more advertisement for the Solaras, since removing the SOLARA or TOYOTA COWBOY emblem would require body work to fill in the two separate holes for each emblem.

Are you putting all the emblems back or is Toyota going to put them back for you?

I still can't believe you did it without readin' up on dis SH*T. I saw this thread on Monday morning and I LMFAO. It almost happened to me too though. A few weeks ago, I tried to go home during lunch to remove the SOLARA and luckily, I was not able to remove it because I saw the two post on the emblem that would leave those STUPID holes.

I'm still going to have it debade, I'm just going to have them weld the holes and spot paint it. There's a friend of the family that has a bodyshop. I'll keep you guys posted since no one has had a complete success on DEBADGING the GEN 2.

GL.
-Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:16 am

Wow... that sucks for you guys... At least your badges won't fall off like the damn Honda badges... those things just fall off when you tap it lol
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:22 am

michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Screwed up the badges!!!

Postby Jaimster » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:16 pm

atlred wrote:Started to remove it and it broke half way off and OPPPPS it had nipples on the back of the "o and S". I freaked!!! Called the dealer, he ordered me a set of black badges, will be hear on Tues. only problem - $153!!

Were you like...
Yeah, I've owned 2 Solaras so.............................Image
Jaimster
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:10 pm

SILLY!!! HAHA! :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator