[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Would Fm modulator work in car with Nav system ?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Would Fm modulator work in car with Nav system ?

Would Fm modulator work in car with Nav system ?

Postby vishnuna » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:12 am

I was wondering if I could install an FM modulator in my 04 SLE with Nav since I have no other option to listen to my ipod.

Do any of the wonderful experts on this site know if can be done. If so then I shall open my the head unit. If not peace out...gotto think about something else.
vishnuna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:06 am

I've tried FM modulation to get an external CD player to play MP3's through my stereo. It works fine on the NAV radio but you can hear the loss due to FM modulation. Not as much frequency response nor signal to noise ratio as before. Just be prepared for music not as good as before. If you are in an area with tons of FM channels, you'll have to change your FM station to an unused one once in a while which is a pain especially in the NY area. But if you are out in a much less populated area, you'll be fine with one setting for FM I'd think.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby vishnuna » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:16 pm

Did you do wireless or wired....

Anybody got experience on the wired and how good is it ?
vishnuna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby vishnuna » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:11 pm

since not very many of you helped me out over here... I had to do the hooking up. the audiovox fm modulator worked very well with my ipod. Pretty easy to instal.
vishnuna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:59 am

I did wireless. How is the sound quality?
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby vishnuna » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:57 am

It is good. But I need to turn my ipod up.

Hated wirless as I am in Los Angeles. every other frequency there exists a radio station....it is ridiculous !!!!
vishnuna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5