[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - aftermarket head unit
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

aftermarket head unit

aftermarket head unit

Postby gogeta » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:23 pm

already searched thed site sorry if this is a re-post.....but want to put in my alpine and i have been told by my shop that there is no kit for our dash yet is this true....cuz i really don't wanna pay 200+ for a custom one.... :evil:
gogeta
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:29 pm

No stereo replacement kit as of yet.

Just wait like the rest of us...have some coffee and donuts...lol

While I'm waiting, I'm saving up money for an in dash motorized DVD NAV system like the Pioneer AVIC.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby invdrgir » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:42 pm

while waiting for new head units to come out quick question, are the NAV systems really worth it. i'm moving to a new area this coming august but so far whenver i needed to get directions i have always used mapquest. the idea of having a NAV system in the car sounds appealing but i have heard people that it is either not really needed or that it will become standerd or obsolete in a few years. what inputs do you all have and also if i do decide to get one, what kind of price range do they run around. oh yeah also how often do you need to upgrade the maps the system will contain or is it like a subscription you pay for it?

i know i know its alot of questions but i gotta learn about this from somewhere :lol:
invdrgir
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:35 pm

I think NAV systems are very worth it. Sure beats trying to read a printout from Mapquest in the car while driving and trying to pay attention to the road (not fun at night). With the Toyota one, there is no subscription and the only way to get new maps in the future is to buy a new DVD-ROM which isn't too cheap. But it certainly isn't needed for a few years. If you live in Vegas where they are expanding like crazy, you might want to update more often. I'm not sure how other aftermarket units let you update. All NAV systems have a voice that tells you what to do so you don't have to constantly look at the screen. I don't see how my unit can be obsolete in the next five years at least. Price ranges for aftermarket NAV units range from about $700 to ones that only have maps for a couple states at a time (unless you buy more memory) to over $1000 for ones that have hard drives that hold the whole country's maps.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:18 pm

atlred wrote:Me too Michael! I want a NAV unit so bad I can taste it!! I was thinking of putting one down in the little cargo space below the A/C. It looks to be able to fit about a 7" screen - maybe??

You right Bro! 7" widescreen is da wtg. Ima looking at da motorized one cus I don't want dat sh*t to be sittin' out cus u can see through my front 35% platinum tint. Ima have to get 20% platinum to match da rest of da car. Wished I just did it in da first place, but da place only did legal tints...they STRAIGHT UP TRIPPIN'...

AHHHHHHHH....DVD NAV system...I'm dreamin bout it already...lol Howeva, I gots otha project Ima workin on and will keep you guys posted, cus yall know we just one big happy :D FAAAMILLLYYY....haha.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5