[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new tires for my gen 2
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

new tires for my gen 2

Postby slingshot » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:54 am

Florida is the last place you need all season tires for. You just need high performance summer tires that do well in rain also. Getting 30,000 miles out of them though will take some searching around. Check out tirerack.com for suggestions and ratings.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: new tires for my gen 2

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:00 pm

Kung Fighting Dude wrote:sup, I am looking for some tires (235/50/17) for my gen 2 solara, I recently looked at the michelin pilot a/s but the tire doesn't come with warranty. what tire should I go with? I am looking for a tire that performs really good, won't hydroplane much in the rain, and its got to last at least 30,000 miles.

You get lotta rain in your area? If not, get some aggressive high performance Z rated tires.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:33 am

i'm not sure if they make the exact tire size, but you can go a size up, but KUMHO makes a great high speed rated tire that performs great in rain, comes in H and Z speed rating and has a AAA treadware. I had them on 2 of my cars and they lasted well into the 30s. they handle real well too. they have a strong sidewall and dont scrub in the turns. the tirerack has them and the best part is they only cost $90 to $120 each depending on the size. go to tirerack.com and read some of the buyer reviews, that should convince you.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cablemn » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:34 am

i'm not sure if they make the exact tire size, but you can go a size up, but KUMHO makes a great high speed rated tire that performs great in rain, comes in H and Z speed rating and has a AAA treadware. I had them on 2 of my cars and they lasted well into the 30s. they handle real well too. they have a strong sidewall and dont scrub in the turns. the tirerack has them and the best part is they only cost $90 to $120 each depending on the size. go to tirerack.com and read some of the buyer reviews, that should convince you.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5