[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Group Buy: Cp-e MAFci (ALL GENERATIONS)
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Group Buy: Cp-e MAFci (ALL GENERATIONS)

Postby someazn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:37 pm

so i am definitely in if the deadline can be extended a week after the two weeks.
someazn
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:54 pm

I'm thinking about it. i might not be able to make it, since some last minute things came up
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mayimbe1979 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:03 pm

Will this work on an I4?
Black '06 SE, Sitting on 20" Chrome Mezzano MZ8 wrapped in Toyos, 20% Tint, Polished Billet Grill, Pioneer Radio, Infinity Speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amp.
Mayimbe1979
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby CamryOnBronze » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:44 pm

I dont feel there should be THAT much trash talking of the injen short ram. Its true that it wont do much on an NA motor, but if youre running a TRD supercharger and the Injen intake with tuning, the benefits will be the same. Im sure if you tuned with the Injen intake you would see similar gains to the CPE... the fact that the CPE setup actually changes the map instead of just bolting on is where the power is at. Injen isnt a completely ricey ebay company, they do a lot of testing and make very high quality products from my experience. Thats my two cents, thought it might clear some things up for some people...

Either way, CPE makes great stuff... good luck with the GB!
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 pm

LOL I still have mine brand new in the box from the last group buy in December. I'll get around to installing it sooner or later.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby netherland24 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:26 am

dont get me wrong i love the injen... but its so low too the ground and im just nervous when it rains seeing that this works just as well... makes me feel alot safer driving in raining weather
00 SS Lara 277hp
05 DODGE RAM 1500 n/a
netherland24
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Midias » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:08 am

Mayimbe1979 wrote:Will this work on an I4?

As said on page 1 NO
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:30 am

someazn wrote:so i am definitely in if the deadline can be extended a week after the two weeks.

Is what credit card are all about...you know you'll get the cash in just 2 weeks...but credit card let you buy it now...I don't see where the problem is. I'm saying this for anything you want and I telling that to several guys here coming with...in 2 weeks I'll have the cash and so on. Not bitching...just telling there is some alternative to your problem
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:39 am

netherland24 wrote:dont get me wrong i love the injen... but its so low too the ground and im just nervous when it rains seeing that this works just as well... makes me feel alot safer driving in raining weather

it is with the ghetto extension, but not in short ram form ;)
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby unbalancedwood » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:57 am

Sebas007 wrote:
someazn wrote:so i am definitely in if the deadline can be extended a week after the two weeks.

Is what credit card are all about...you know you'll get the cash in just 2 weeks...but credit card let you buy it now...I don't see where the problem is. I'm saying this for anything you want and I telling that to several guys here coming with...in 2 weeks I'll have the cash and so on. Not bitching...just telling there is some alternative to your problem

Exactly, as with many cases if a GB drags out for weeks people loose interest, find somthing else to spend it on, etc. Take the torque rod GB for example...i think within a few days 10 members were already signed up and paid. Yeah its a difference of 10x's the price, but they were a good deal, just as these are a good deal. A savings of $40-60, is something that would warrant me to put it on a credit card and pay it off the following week with no fee...
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby agent007 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:14 am

how complicated is the wiring...i think some wiring has to be done but not sure what...any info on that?
01 solara v6 se
trd kit, trd rims, trd suspension
greddy evo cat back
c/f hood
agent007
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Americanctm10 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:47 am

^^^ You'll receive a set of instructions with pictures with the intake guiding you through it. Just take out the glove-box to get to the ECU and all the wiring you need to do is right there. Its really not that hard, but i did mine at night so it was hard to see.

If you run into any problems just take some pics and we can talk you through it. It is so worth it, its a major power difference throughout the whole rpm range and it sounds awsome.
99' SLE V6: 17' Enkei J10's, TRD RSB, Renova grill, Debadged, 35/20%Tint, CP-E Intake w Crispmongo Filter, NEW PAINT!
Americanctm10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby unbalancedwood » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:23 pm

The wiring has to be done to reprogram the ecu/fuel map, otherwise air/fuel mixtures will be miscalculated by the ecu..

Take a look at this: (keep in mind its a gen2)
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php? ... cpe+review
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby someazn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm

unbalancedwood wrote:
Sebas007 wrote:

Exactly, as with many cases if a GB drags out for weeks people loose interest, find somthing else to spend it on, etc. Take the torque rod GB for example...i think within a few days 10 members were already signed up and paid. Yeah its a difference of 10x's the price, but they were a good deal, just as these are a good deal. A savings of $40-60, is something that would warrant me to put it on a credit card and pay it off the following week with no fee...

Yea, I didn't mean to be a pain in the ass but its just that I am on a student debit and do not have a credit card. Well, I'll see if I can get the money in two weeks, but if not, good luck on the group buy. :D
someazn
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Midias » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:33 pm

I am also a student and yes credit cars can be dangerous so be careful out there.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5