[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TRD Supercharger for 1MZ-FE for $1850
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

TRD Supercharger for 1MZ-FE for $1850

TRD Supercharger for 1MZ-FE for $1850

Postby atclate » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm selling my supercharger.
Here's what's included:
- Complete TRD S/C Kit (4psi pulley)
- New belt
- EBC
- All hardware and hoses
- Automatic EGR tube.
- Some miscellaneous items that was removed with my Supercharger removal.

I bought it through Gabe (trd4life) and installed by Greg (Gregtrd). I ran for about 20k miles on it. I think it was serviced before I owned it, but I don't remember.
I repainted it because I stupidly put sound deadening material on top of it, and had to remove it because I'm selling. It's not the best paint job, but doesn't look bad at all.
I'm selling it because I don't like the Supercharger's noise, even though I liked the power gain.

I'm asking for $1850 + Shipping.
Prefer dealing local in San Diego, but I can ship.

Last edited by atclate on Thu May 19, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: TRD Supercharger for 1MZ-FE

Postby mig0s » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 pm

atclate wrote:I'm selling it because I don't like the Supercharger's noise, even though I liked the power gain.

Really? Dude what kind of excuse is that lol :P
Nice price. GLWS.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Dam 3 super charger being sold and they all have a great deal and some has better packages.

... I wish I still had my 2nd job
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Mon May 16, 2011 11:05 pm

mig0s wrote:
atclate wrote:I'm selling it because I don't like the Supercharger's noise, even though I liked the power gain.

Nice price. GLWS.

yeah really. WTF? Thats one of the best parts about it 8) You n/a guys need to take out a loan or something...trust me, you won't be disappointed

Free Bump
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby atclate » Mon May 16, 2011 11:18 pm

mig0s wrote:

Nice price. GLWS.

Ya... My friends say I'm too sensitive to noise... I searched and asked, and everyone says the noise is normal for the supercharger though.
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby stringbean » Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 am

OMG I WANT! im kinda pondering if buying a rx7 was a good idea now with all these sc on sale and for a good price too! ..... put rx7 on hold and buy a sc when i have more money? i think so! :)

free bump
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Tue May 17, 2011 4:29 am

with a statement like "I dont like the noise the supercharger makes", the next thing your gonna say is that you dont like how pussy feels.

*sigh
Last edited by Dawgz on Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby alltrac92 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 am

Your pivot bolt looks like two bolts were welded together.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 02slera » Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 pm

Dawgz wrote:with a statement like "I dont like the noise the supercharger makes", the next thing your gonna say is that you dont like how pussy feels.

*sigh

He's right, I don't know one man who doesn't like the sound of a supercharger, ....or pussy. HAHAHHAA (not that their not out there :roll: )

Sorry man, its not so much a personal attack, just a misunderstanding. LOL
2002 Solara SLE v6
02slera
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KILLA CAM » Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 pm

If you don't like the sound of the supercharger, then something must be wrong with it. Seriously. You gotta come up with a better excuse than that.
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby atclate » Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 pm

KILLA CAM wrote:If you don't like the sound of the supercharger, then something must be wrong with it. Seriously. You gotta come up with a better excuse than that.

It's the noise at idle that goes away when I start driving. I did research and everyone said it's normal for roots type supercharger. Do you really think it's a problem with the supercharger? Please be careful when making such statements.
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby KILLA CAM » Wed May 18, 2011 10:26 am

Yes, they make a small noise at idle, but you can't hear it in the cabin or even outside with the hood closed. If that noise is bothering you, there is definitely something wrong.

Even if I wasn't selling my supercharger at the same time, I would say the same thing.
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby atclate » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 am

KILLA CAM wrote:Yes, they make a small noise at idle, but you can't hear it in the cabin or even outside with the hood closed. If that noise is bothering you, there is definitely something wrong.

Even if I wasn't selling my supercharger at the same time, I would say the same thing.

It could be just me though, I'm super sensitive to noise. Others can't really tell until they stop and listen. I also have stock exhaust because I don't like aftermarket exhaust noise either. Maybe it's inaudible to you because you had intake/exhaust/music? Just speculating.

I've got Gabe and Greg's words saying it's normal, so I'm pretty sure it's not the supercharger's problem.
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby KILLA CAM » Wed May 18, 2011 6:28 pm

^Dude come on.

Even with stock intake and stock exhaust you still can't hear it with the hood closed or inside the car. I know. I've been in multiple cars with the supercharger as only mod.
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby atclate » Thu May 19, 2011 12:17 am

KILLA CAM wrote:^Dude come on.

Even with stock intake and stock exhaust you still can't hear it with the hood closed or inside the car. I know. I've been in multiple cars with the supercharger as only mod.

There's no point in arguing, the noise sounds just like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5UwYn9n2g
As you can hear, it' only happens at idle, and goes away when revving. If you think it's a problem, I'm still selling it, just at a lower price.
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5