[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Modified knock sensor for relocation
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

Modified knock sensor for relocation

Modified knock sensor for relocation

Postby alltrac92 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:01 am

I have for sale two new knock sensors the threads have been turned down to M6 x 1 so it will screw directly into the front cylinder head. No funky adapters or hunks of plate metal to hang off your engine. You really only need one sensor in the head. You can buy a new knock harness from Toyota for $30-35 and tap splice the knock harness so you can use the one connected sensor to feed both inputs to the ecu. I was lazy and used two sensors as I wanted a true plug and play setup with no splicing. $125 shipped for one sensor.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Modified knock sensor for relocation

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm

is this a good application for the supercharged set up ?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby alltrac92 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm running 5psi and the rest of my Camry is bone stock. A few weeks after install the front bank sensor tripped a code. I did the rewire using the rear bank KS and was good for a few months and then it failed. I was not about to spend 6-8 hours removing the SC and the lower intake manfold plus all new gaskets. So yes it's good for a SC 1mz or anyone wanting to save the labor on a stock setup.

The stock Denso KS has a hole in the center like a stethoscope and is too sensitive.
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HARKEM » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:44 am

Pm'd
2001 V6 CAMRY TOURING
DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors Front/Rear, EXEDY Stage 1 Race Clutch, FIDANZA 9lbs Flywheel,
Whiteline RSB & FSB, TRD Suspension, CUSTOM Headers&OBX CatBack, TRD S/C:)
HARKEM
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5