[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2001 Solara SEV6 5 Spd Lthr, Sunroof Loaded and only 6700Mi!
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

2001 Solara SEV6 5 Spd Lthr, Sunroof Loaded and only 6700Mi!

2001 Solara SEV6 5 Spd Lthr, Sunroof Loaded and only 6700Mi!

Postby Cessna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:09 am

Beautiful 2001 SE V6 Solara. This car is perfect in and out because it is garaged and only has 6700 miles! It has no mods. Details: Lunar Mist in color, 5spd Manual, Ivory Leather Interior, JBL CD / Cassette, Sunroof, Spoiler, etc.. This car is like new however significantly cheaper than new. Sticker on the car was $25.7K will sell for $17.6K. Although I currently don't have any photos I can take a few.
Cessna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby all_red » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:19 am

Hey ppl get this car... 5-speed V6 is the way to go..
later,
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:44 am

I think you're asking way too much.
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby WTF?? » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:02 pm

ChrYstiE wrote:I think you're asking way too much.

With the number of miles... sounds about right... but dayum! 6,700 miles????

over the two year period I wonder how many times this car got serviced :o (oil change and so forth)... not too good to just let the car sit there
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Service

Postby Cessna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:35 pm

The price I believe is very fair, how many 6000 mile V6 Solara 5spds exist. First they are no longer produced and if you purchased a new model 2004 you would pay a boat load more. This car is not for everyone it is aimed at somebody who wants a new condition solara for significantly less than a new price. Please note that this car has had the oil changed at approx 6-8 month intervals and many of these miles were not local driving they were primarily highway. I bought the car at the begininng of the year with ~5100 miles on it from a well off individual who had numerous, what I would consider, expensive cars and they were moving so they sold the solara. It was an obvious toy for him. He bought it in mid late 01.
Cessna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dabuda » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:18 pm

its still over FMV, according to kelleybluebook.com it is $14,800

2001 Toyota Solara SE Coupe 2D
Engine: V6 3.0 Liter
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Front Wheel Drive
Mileage: 6,700
Equipment
Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, Multi Compact Disc, Premium Sound, Dual Front Air Bags, Leather, Power Seat, Sliding Sun Roof, Rear Spoiler

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $14,800
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

according to edmunds

2001 Toyota Camry Solara 2 Dr SE V6 Coupe
Trade-In Private Party
National Base Price $12,188 $13,461
Optional Equipment $1,202 $1,342
Leather Seats $430 $480
Rear Spoiler $103 $115
Power Moonroof $430 $480
JBL Audio System $239 $267
Mileage Adjustment 6,700 miles $1,126 $1,126
Total $14,532 $15,947
dabuda
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby WTF?? » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:40 pm

I think to help your sale, its wise to name your location... that way some interested people can tell what kind of condition/weather its been going through
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??

location of solara

Postby Cessna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:01 pm

Your right, thanks for the tip. The Solara is located in Cincinnati, Ohio
Cessna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Cessna » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:05 pm

Nabuda, Kelly bluebook is notoriosly underpricing cars. It is almost always the lowest in the industry from car estimator. That is why dealers always quote Kelly values because they can turn it for a lot more money then if they quoted the reputable Edmunds, for example. Look at Edmunds or even NADA. The price is very fair for what is basically a new Solara. Try to find a new v6 solara for under 18K, you wont.
Cessna
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:10 pm

for one thing i don't see why you ppl care what the selling price is, its the owners right to sell for whatever he/she wants to sell it for. and besides the car is a 2001 meaning it has already gone through the two year deprectiaon period, and for a car with that low true miles, thats a pretty rare car to find especially with a stick since most ppl that buy this car are older people who most likely wouldn;t ber buying a car with stick.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5