[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - WTB: Solara Clock
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

WTB: Solara Clock

WTB: Solara Clock

Postby mikeqube » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:07 pm

I'm in need of the clock unit that goes in the center part of the dash. I also need the long buttons to change the time on it. Anyone know where I can get one?
mikeqube
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:06 am

probably dealer or junk yard will be the best place. This is a very rare part you looking for. :fadein:
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jlaudiotrd » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:04 pm

What happened with yours? Mine is out too.
Mods: TRD Lip Kit, TRD Struts/Springs, TRD exhaust, TRD RSB, Arospeed 18's
jlaudiotrd
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mikeqube » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:55 pm

jlaudiotrd wrote:What happened with yours? Mine is out too.

I cracked the glass on it while trying to change the color and when i put everything back together the little buttons to change the time were nowhere to be found. i've done a few searches on google for the clock and all that i ever come up with are those woodgrain dash kits and never the clock.
mikeqube
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jlaudiotrd » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:12 pm

I have an extra clock in my garage. I was able to find one on ebay. I cannot tell you if it will work or not. I think my wiring is messed up. It has the buttons and looks fine.
Mods: TRD Lip Kit, TRD Struts/Springs, TRD exhaust, TRD RSB, Arospeed 18's
jlaudiotrd
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mikeqube » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:24 pm

jlaudiotrd wrote:I have an extra clock in my garage. I was able to find one on ebay. I cannot tell you if it will work or not. I think my wiring is messed up. It has the buttons and looks fine.

how much do you want for it?
mikeqube
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:12 pm

I have one from 2000 camry, dont know if it will work on your solara
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby the_pack_rat » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:27 am

Man that really SUCKS ... & I'll tell you why.

When I 1st bought my 2000 2 months ago ...

The lense face of my clock was all greasy with tire/vinyl dressing. I went to take a clean dry rag to it ... & come to find out the dressing was hiding the the fact that the clocks face was all discolored. Apparently someone must have sprayed a strong cleaner on/around the dash & some must have got on the lense, & discolored it something terrible.

Have a few other odds & end parts I wanted to take care of ... so off I went to the dealer to get some prices.

List price for the clock ...

$341.93 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I laughed & said "you're kidding right" ?.

He says ... "ehhhh nope".

:o GULP :o .

Just to be sure that dealer didn't have some sort of glitch in their system ... I went & double checked this on various on-line Toyota parts dealers ...

And I confirmed that the $341.93 figure IS INDEED about the going LIST for the clock.

UNBELIEVABLE.

I lucked out ...

After pulling the center dash trim & removing the clock ... & spending like TWO HOURS polishing the crap out of the face with a plexiglass/plastic type polish - taking the clock apart/cleaning up etc etc etc ...

I was able to bring the face back to pre-damaged condition.

Good luck finding a used one.

Regards,

Eric
2000 SE V6
the_pack_rat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kubi » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:45 pm

That's OUTRAGEOUS. Looks like junk yards are the only way to go on a clock. I'd almost rather go without one for that price.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5