[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Are all Toyota Dealerships the frickin terrible??? BAD RANT
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Are all Toyota Dealerships the frickin terrible??? BAD RANT

Postby Parke10 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:17 pm

positive i was like wtf to the sales person, i was like this is a camry right( i knew it was) hes all ya yer lucky to see one at that low of a price in LA they reallly mark em up

i was like hmm my mom got heres fully loaded fer about 23 24... hes all u must be mistake its prob the base model with nothing on it
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby truebluestang » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:22 pm

well, I got the car back today. I didn't fill it up when I dropped off the loaner.

Here's what I learned. I'm an idiot for ever hoping that this car will get the service it deserves.

1. I dropped it off with 1/4 tank. Picked it up with ... yup, you guessed it, the fuel light on. Asked them about it, and they said that I was in charge of fuel for my car. When I asked about the fuel in their car, they said that since it was a loaner, and they weren't required to give it to me, then I had to get the fuel for that one too.

2. I asked if EVERYTHING that I had taken it in for was done. I got a yes. Got the paperwork, then headed on down the road to my next destination. While I was getting gas since I had to, I looked the sheet over. I took it in for 5 issues, and only 1 of them was fixed. All the rest read "Unable to duplicate issue". They couldn't duplicate the stalling issue.. well It's only happened 2 times, so obviously it's an issue that's just starting. They couldn't duplicate the CD error issue... once again, it's a random thing. They couldn't duplicate the pulling to the left issue. I about died when I read it, and they said that the issue with the hesitation in the acceleration is "Designed" by Toyota to increas gas mileage. I am going to contact Toyota and completely ream someone out!
2003 Ford Mustang
Cervinis Stalker Kit
Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

2004 Toyota Solara SE Sport.
truebluestang
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 am

truebluestang wrote:well, I got the car back today. I didn't fill it up when I dropped off the loaner.

Here's what I learned. I'm an idiot for ever hoping that this car will get the service it deserves.

1. I dropped it off with 1/4 tank. Picked it up with ... yup, you guessed it, the fuel light on. Asked them about it, and they said that I was in charge of fuel for my car. When I asked about the fuel in their car, they said that since it was a loaner, and they weren't required to give it to me, then I had to get the fuel for that one too.

2. I asked if EVERYTHING that I had taken it in for was done. I got a yes. Got the paperwork, then headed on down the road to my next destination. While I was getting gas since I had to, I looked the sheet over. I took it in for 5 issues, and only 1 of them was fixed. All the rest read "Unable to duplicate issue". They couldn't duplicate the stalling issue.. well It's only happened 2 times, so obviously it's an issue that's just starting. They couldn't duplicate the CD error issue... once again, it's a random thing. They couldn't duplicate the pulling to the left issue. I about died when I read it, and they said that the issue with the hesitation in the acceleration is "Designed" by Toyota to increas gas mileage. I am going to contact Toyota and completely ream someone out!

Stalling: I have no clue.

CD Error: Can't help you. Possibly burnt cds?

Pulling Left: PM me your VIN#. It was "resolved" after a certain VIN. Otherwise, they have to cross rotate the tires, rotate the strut/spring, align, and possibly replace the tire if it's the tread that is causing the pull.

Hesitation: It's not "Designed" to hesitate. PM me your VIN#. There was an ECU update which resolves (well, helps, not really resolves) this issue. The transmission is electronically controlled, so there is a 1/2 second feel of "lag" when you press the accelerator down. This eliminated mechanical linkage... so there is only room for electronic failure, not mechanical. An updated was released (for ES/RX, anyhow... dunno about Solara/Camry SE). It does help save gas... but it's supposed to give you more precise control over acceleration.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby truebluestang » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:07 pm

I'll PM the Vin over in a bit. As for the CD error, it does it randomly whether they are burnt or not. That was my first thought was they are burnt acting up, but it happens on brand new CD's as well.
2003 Ford Mustang
Cervinis Stalker Kit
Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs

2004 Toyota Solara SE Sport.
truebluestang
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:18 pm

truebluestang wrote:I'll PM the Vin over in a bit. As for the CD error, it does it randomly whether they are burnt or not. That was my first thought was they are burnt acting up, but it happens on brand new CD's as well.

Assuming your headunit is the Fujitsu ten model (they use Fujitsu-Ten and Panasonic), then wait about 3 more months. The problem will become A LOT more obvious.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby robdaemon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:53 pm

Parke10 wrote:the dealer here in bakersfield sucks besides the service sucking i walked around and saw a fully loaded camry with a sticker of like 44,000 idk if it was a typo or if its got a supra engine or wut but i about fell on the ground laughin the only dealer i go to is in santa maria

Don't get me started on Bill Wright Toyota....
"Absolutely Red" 2004 Solara SE Sport 4 cyl
2 Crossfire BMF W12D subs, Sony amps, Kenwood Keg & Sirius setup
robdaemon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby robdaemon » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:55 pm

truebluestang wrote:2. I asked if EVERYTHING that I had taken it in for was done. I got a yes. Got the paperwork, then headed on down the road to my next destination. While I was getting gas since I had to, I looked the sheet over. I took it in for 5 issues, and only 1 of them was fixed. All the rest read "Unable to duplicate issue". They couldn't duplicate the stalling issue.. well It's only happened 2 times, so obviously it's an issue that's just starting. They couldn't duplicate the CD error issue... once again, it's a random thing. They couldn't duplicate the pulling to the left issue. I about died when I read it, and they said that the issue with the hesitation in the acceleration is "Designed" by Toyota to increas gas mileage. I am going to contact Toyota and completely ream someone out!

Frontier Toyota in Valencia, CA did the same BS to me. They "can't reproduce" my Error 1 on the CD player, my rattles, any of it!
"Absolutely Red" 2004 Solara SE Sport 4 cyl
2 Crossfire BMF W12D subs, Sony amps, Kenwood Keg & Sirius setup
robdaemon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:25 am

Hey truebluestang how old are you? crap when i went to the dealership to find a new car no one even came to help me. just because i looked young and crap. I waited 2 FRIEKEN hours. Next day i came back and same thing happen. so got piss off and went in to complain. all they said is your too young to know. toyota dealership can be so wrong sometime. luckly i had back up. I pulled 10 grand cash out of my pocket (actually its just 100 dollar bill on top and bunch of paper behind it. looked real)....and that dam sale lady was like "wait a sec ill get a sales rep for u soon." all i said was...oh, your too late and flicked her off...
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby chuchurocket » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:09 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:
Parke10 wrote:the dealer here in bakersfield sucks besides the service sucking i walked around and saw a fully loaded camry with a sticker of like 44,000 idk if it was a typo or if its got a supra engine or wut but i about fell on the ground laughin the only dealer i go to is in santa maria

You sure that it wasn't an ES 330 ?

44,000 is still kinda homo for a ES330, the MSRP is like what 35000?
chuchurocket
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:26 am

chuchurocket wrote:
Jackass-Jeff wrote:

You sure that it wasn't an ES 330 ?

44,000 is still kinda homo for a ES330, the MSRP is like what 35000?

It was just a joke. . .

Fully loaded:
Total MSRP**
$39,089.00
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants