[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Smart Motors, Madison Wisconsin
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Smart Motors, Madison Wisconsin

Smart Motors, Madison Wisconsin

Postby silversurfer220 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:08 pm

I have had a heck of a time with Smart Motors in Madison Wisconsin. I bought in Oct of 04, a new 04 SLE v6 with everything- Nav, leather, all the airbags, xm, etc.... Well, my car has had a boat load of problems. The most annoying being that sometimes when you put the key in the car and turn it, nothing happens. There are no cranks, lights, radio, blowers, anything. I have had the car in for service several times, and they tell me they can't duplicate the problem. The last time it was there for 2 weeks, it sat in the same place and never moved, all while they told me they were working on it. ha ha ha. Now, they accuse me of making up a problem so I can have service work done on my car. Really, why would I make up problems with my car, so that I could take a 2004 with 4700 miles in for service every other day? I called Toyota and complained, but they weren't too much help. As far as I was concerned, I would never purchase another vehicle, or take one there for service. I am willing to bet that the Pontiac dealership across the street, where I bought my Grand Am from, would give me better service than Toyota. Its sad when my Grand Am still has less problems than my Solara. We'll see I have any luck getting it fixed.
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:54 am

welcome noobie! Sidenote: i'm a fella badger myself and i've been to smart toyota (on odana - if its still there) a few times before. They wanted $125 to replace my fog lamps when all it needed was a bulb change (did it myself, but amazing how dealerships try things).
Your best bet would be to have a toyota tech sit with you while you demonstrate the problem (rather than leaving the car with them for them to demonstate it w.o you). Good luck - man i miss weekends bar hopping on state street... :drinking:
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby silversurfer220 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:47 pm

Jai wrote:welcome noobie! Sidenote: i'm a fella badger myself and i've been to smart toyota (on odana - if its still there) a few times before. They wanted $125 to replace my fog lamps when all it needed was a bulb change (did it myself, but amazing how dealerships try things).
Your best bet would be to have a toyota tech sit with you while you demonstrate the problem (rather than leaving the car with them for them to demonstate it w.o you). Good luck - man i miss weekends bar hopping on state street... :drinking:

Yeah, Smart is still on Odana road. They are a crazy dealership. I work a boat load of hours for my job, so I didnt have time to sit there and screw around with their techs. One other problem- I dont know how to duplicate some of the problems. I tell them when it happens, and they think I'm lying. I'm not sure what will happen with that dealership- I'll have to wait and see.

Oh yeah- State street bar hopping is soooooooooo much fun. Planning on doing it this weekend! Later
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MrMikeL » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:44 pm

This may sound stupid, but give it a try, it may just work. If you have a video camera, take it into the vehicle when you go to start your car each time. When the time does occur that nothing works, you at least have it on video and you can show them the evidence.
MrMikeL
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants