[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Laurel Toyota - No Service
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Laurel Toyota - No Service

Laurel Toyota - No Service

Postby mmcdonald » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:24 am

Okay, I can't really say this place has bad service, but after more than a dozen phone calls and half a dozen messages left with different service writers, I have not been able to speak to anyone. No call backs, no human contact, nothing.
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Laurel Toyota - No Service

Postby pro956 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:48 am

mmcdonald wrote:Okay, I can't really say this place has bad service, but after more than a dozen phone calls and half a dozen messages left with different service writers, I have not been able to speak to anyone. No call backs, no human contact, nothing.

I sent my car in for a rattle in my gear box. The interior was 100% clean, when i got it back the seats were all dirty-- noticibly from a distance (black gunk shows up easily on tan leather). The lady said, oh we cover the seats with plastic... Anyway i fought and fought with her, the front AND back seats were dirty. I told her to have my car detailed. She said she'd check and came back saying they were busy. So i asked for a raincheck, and of course, she wouldn't give me one.

Laurel Toyota [carmax] is a disgrace to toyota. Are we talking about the same Toyota dealer?
AIM: pro956
2002 5-speed se v6
pro956
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

yup

Postby mmcdonald » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:15 am

Yes, that's the one. I had a great time buying the car there, but as a rule, I NEVER take a car to a dealer for service if I can avoid it.

I had a VW New Beetle, and I HAD to take it for service because they won't release service info or techniques to garages. I had to take it in to have the door latch replaced, for crap sakes, becuase they had to reprogram the car to start once the door latch was removed.

Anywho, Hilmuth in Clarksville is excellent. I am taking the car there for the left drift issue rather than fight with any dealer to get that resolved. They will do what I ask the first time, and they usually inspect and tweak the car for free. They have the best wheel balancer there as well. I am getting the new tires put on there at the same time.

(I used to work at car dealers (both service and sales). Never take a car there for service if you can help it cause they way overcharge. In fact, dealers make little or no money on the cars, and ALL of it on service. And they are so freakin rude about it.)
2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:18 pm

Perhaps I've been lucky thus far, but my Toyota dealer's service has been exemplary. Maintenance and accessory add-ons have been done on time and without surprises.

Complementary car washes just for the asking; car questions were answered with speed, courtesy, and even accuracy!

With the emphasis the dealership places on making I return the Toyota service survey with "excellents" throughout, I have to believe that there are some powerful incentives to get good scores. Hmm.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: yup

Postby SPF 0 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:22 pm

mmcdonald wrote:Never take a car there for service if you can help it cause they way overcharge.

Again, this may be a Chicago area thing, but I don't (well, didn't as my Solara is dealer-only) notice <i>that much</i> of a disparity between dealers and independents.
'05 Black Solara Convertible SLE, Gold Pinstriping, red calipers, lower grille, OBX pedals, Solara door sills, and OEM splash guards.
SPF 0
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants