[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - just found out that the dealer sold me a previouse wreck!
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

just found out that the dealer sold me a previouse wreck!

just found out that the dealer sold me a previouse wreck!

Postby pervo » Wed May 11, 2005 8:49 pm

long story short due to a minor rear end accident that occured the guilty parties insurance discovered a lot of evidence that my car has been wrecked pretty bad.

ive been having a lot of alignment problems, along with abnormal tire wear and caliper that freezes up and felt the rear ending was a contributing factor
guess not!

it was purchased in minnesota but registered in wisconsin

ive looked at the lemon laws but see nothing in reference to wrecked cars

its obviouse that when buying used from a dealer and paying "retail" that most of us assume some guideliness and general descency comes along w/ the extra price tag- whether the law sees it this way remains to be seen

if anyones got any info or advice for me it would be much apreciated because i wanna put the hurt on this dealership
pervo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby djsaltine » Wed May 11, 2005 10:00 pm

Alot of used car dealers are scum. Not all of them mind you. I'm not exactly sure if they have to inform you of any prior accidents or not.

Keep looking around for laws in the 2 states about this. If I remember any sites about the problem, I'll let you know.

Good luck.
'Get Higher Baby... and You'll Never Come Down'- Grand Master Flash

http://members.cardomain.com/djsaltine

http://fairtax.org
djsaltine
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu May 12, 2005 8:46 am

That's why you buy a used car from a NEW car dealer... they do everything by the book. Those crappy lots you see everywhere are not B.A.R. approved so they don't have to worry about being sued for crap.

I think it's illegal to sell a car that is Salvaged w/o telling the buyer...

Take it up w/ the better business bureau (how the fk to spell ?) www.bbb.org
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby pervo » Thu May 12, 2005 9:55 am

it was purchased from a new car dealer.... a toyota dealer
pervo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Thu May 12, 2005 10:02 am

always:
1. carfax
2. take someone who knows car/mechanic with you to get things checked - it might cost you 80 -90 bucks for the mechanic to go with you..but in the end its a peace of mind.

Now..sucks to be you!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby pervo » Thu May 12, 2005 11:35 am

Jai wrote:always:
1. carfax
2. take someone who knows car/mechanic with you to get things checked - it might cost you 80 -90 bucks for the mechanic to go with you..but in the end its a peace of mind.

Now..sucks to be you!

carfax is clean!
thanks for the help asshole
pervo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Mon May 16, 2005 9:29 pm

If you bought it fromt he dealership....isn't there a policy that if the car is constantly in for repairs or something of that matter......the buyer or owner of the car is entitled to a replacement car in place of the defective one sold or is that only for brand new cars sold of the lot of dealerships ? ? ? ?

I know that 85% of used cars are from rent a car comapanies.....namely the one I currently work for....my company buys the car at bulk (at least 25 at a time) and once they hit 10k to 15k miles, they are bought back by the dealerships.

....but back to your question, like any place they will try to avoid your problem and give you the run around. I would take it up with a lawyer and start on a case and or start getting on the dealerships case about it.....seending out letters of complaint, receipts for unusual or constant repairs being made and eventually they will give in to your demands.

....just my 2 cents....hope it helps you out some

Good Luck, sorry to hear about your situation bro
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby pervo » Fri May 20, 2005 2:44 pm

^thanks.... lots of good advise for someone looking to buy used
imo carfax is a joke.... doesnt hurt but no gauranties at all

there are esentialy no protections w/ used cars.... dont pay retail for used unless there are written gauranties

this car being a shining example

i spoke to a lawer and it comes down to what would the fair market value have been- what damages have i been caused

in my case very little- arguably none that i could proove

i do have access to free lawyers at the law school at my university but that will have to wait till fall

update:

i took it to another dealership to get a second opinion on the alignment

the said the toein was slightly off and crossrotated the fronts

now it finaly drives straight! turned out well for me

this car must have gotten it bad though.... whole underbody looks like it was used as a bobsled down a concret

when sounddeadening (im into car audio) there was groken glass in every crevis and under the carpeting

some welding had been done and the door had junkyard numbers on it

the back area (where the speakers are) had a manufacture date of 01- i drive a '99

the spare tire area looks like it was beat by a sledge hammer

sucks knowing its a wreak but now it looks like my probs are over with.... could of been a lot worse

the only thing im woried about is the longevity of the body work and paint job (its been repainted)

ill probably just trade it into the same dealer, being sure to put sugar in the gas tank and poop in the glove box :o
pervo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Carfax Useless

Postby red2002solara » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:27 am

Carfax does not prevent you from buying a wrecked car. Carfax does not have access to vehicle information in California, and vehicle databases in 23 other states. The best way to know if a car was in a previous accident is to have a mechanic inspect it. People think Carfax is the end all, be all of auto information. It's not. Carfax is simply a waste of money, it offers no protection.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:39 am

well if you buy a salvaged car in 1 state fix it and register it in another it will have a CLEAN title
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby pervo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:06 pm

update....

i went to sound deaden my floor board, taking out the carpeting

to my dismay i found a huge hole to the side of where the transmision is

i flipped out- the final straw
and drove to the dealer ship w/ all the pieces in the trunk and one seat

they looked at it and found more wrong, but one manager was saying that there is no way that they would have missed that.

i just stood there listing off all the things that are wrong

eventualy they told me to go to a body shop next door and have them look at it

i did the guy seemed like he will go to bat for me

any advice for me?
any contacts ie toyota district managers, consumer rights orgs etc?

this car is trouble and i need your help guys. i can barely afford the payments as is... if it craps out on me i will go bankrupt... obviousely i cant trade it in either
pervo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dutch Master » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:56 am

try contacting another toyota dealer to see what they say....
There has to be something you can do....theres no way they shoulda sold it to you like that......Tell them you will do everything in your power to make it a legal matter if something is not done....

and if they still dont do jack.....

go to the lot and key up every mufukkin car they got in that biatch...
It wont help you more then paybacks but....at least you make them lose money.....no what I mean..!!!! :evilbat:
DM Records

myspace.com/dutchmasterrecords
Dutch Master
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants