[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Clean my fuel injectors??
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Clean my fuel injectors??

Clean my fuel injectors??

Postby cablemn » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:36 pm

When i brought my solara in for the sunroof TSB the service writer suggested the 15000 mile injector flush and the bullsh*t checking of fluids for $200+. WTF? Is this something new? I thought one of the reasons they introduced fuel injection was its reliability. 50k maybe, but 15,000???? And...at 15000 miles if i'm missing fluids wouldn't you think something was wrong or leaking and would be covered under the warrantee? I buy new cars so i dont have the costs of repairs for older cars. If the stealers had their way i'd be spending thousands in repairs for a perfectly operating car. DAMN DAMN DAMN the stealers!!!!!
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Clean my fuel injectors??

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:20 pm

cablemn wrote:When i brought my solara in for the sunroof TSB the service writer suggested the 15000 mile injector flush and the bullsh*t checking of fluids for $200+. WTF? Is this something new? I thought one of the reasons they introduced fuel injection was its reliability. 50k maybe, but 15,000???? And...at 15000 miles if i'm missing fluids wouldn't you think something was wrong or leaking and would be covered under the warrantee? I buy new cars so i dont have the costs of repairs for older cars. If the stealers had their way i'd be spending thousands in repairs for a perfectly operating car. DAMN DAMN DAMN the stealers!!!!!

Fuel injector cleaning is needed so sediment in the fuel doesn't clog them. Just go to your local auto parts store and get the fuel additive... I recommend STP in the BLACK BOTTLE... It runs you about $3 and does the same job as the dealer one =P

Checking fluids and such is to make sure you keep the car running... some people think it's invincible because it's a Toyota but you need to maintain it. We've had people come in at 30,000 for their FIRST oil change . . . need I say more?

Just do it yourself. Just go to the dealer every 30K for transmission fluid... and I think, 04+ on all Toyotas and Lexus, 100K for your coolant... every 50K after that LOL!! Brake fluid every 30K or 60K... and oil changes every 5K. Timing belt/chain at 90K or 100K, spark plugs at 90K (dbl check the manual, some cars still have 60K plugs).

Maintenance is easy... just remembering when to get it done is hard.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants